Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good News. I'm not sure if this has been known yet, but driveshaftshop can make you custom axles. yeah for the 2.0L swap for the x3 axles which requires tibby axles, but shortened. I was sent an email that they can make me a level 2 pair of axles with the 400HP max for around $800. I'd only told them i need up to only 300HP cuz this will be a daily driven car in california. other than that the level 2 axle sounds great. other than that I have an automatic four door 97 accent x3 and i was wondering what engine mounts do i need? what shift linkage,pedals,tranny mounts do i need to make this swap work? is it out of the tibby or dohc x3 parts would work? BTW where can I get the parts to make the tibby/elantra rear and front brakes bolt on? is it direct bolt on with the tibby/elantra brakes? what about the rear brake lines are they bolt on? what about the e-brake? other than that hopefully to bring back my precious x3 sedan back to life soon.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
well, if you're gonna do a beta swap on a x3, it's similiar to the lc

you use the stock tranny mount's since you're gonna be using the stock tranny since it bolts on to the beta, the tranny mounts are front, rear and driver side, the engine only has 1 mount of it's own which is the pass side,

since you have a x3, which i think come's with a 1.5L..it should come with a steel engine mount, you gotta modifiy it to fit with the beta,

take mount out of engine, cut bracket from roll stopper "Mount"
flip the bracket upside down and re-weld..

as for the tibby brake upgrade to the lc, look at any junkyard ou have in ur area,

you need the tib rotors, calipers, brake lines and so on, and since x3's have a 4x114 lug pattern, it's pretty much plug and play, you can even put the Rd tiburon or Xd elantra wheels on it elantra wheels on it too

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well my x3 is an auto with a sohc G4EK motor. steel engine. First off i know it's kinda useless but i was wondering if it's possible to use an auto from a beta. to ease the pain of not many ppl in my family can drive stick. other than that i was planning to use the beta tranny to avoid the risk of the x3 tranny going out. btw i can't use the auto tranny i have now cuz it's blown. i would have to buy another tranny from the junkyard. if i can use the stock x3 tranny what is the best way to strengthen the accent tranny? will the accent auto tranny work on it too? even after the swap what about the exhaust system? can i still keep it or do have to change it to the tibby ones or is it custom?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
FYI an automatic 2.0l Beta Accent will be about as fast as a 5-speed 1.6l Accent. The automatic Hyundai uses on the economy cars aren't very efficient.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info. i guess i'll go for the 5 speed. if i use the accent tranny what kind of flywheel would i have to use? can i still use the OEM accent flywheel? can i still keep my air conditioning? other than that i might postpone my work on my sc300 and try my best to get the beta into the accent. probably i'll just go with the 5 speed accent tranny and probably a whole clutch upgrade as well. what do i need for an auto to manual conversion though? i'm assuming a different front axle and do i need a different radiator support?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts