Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little connector piece that attaches the rear antisway bar to the suspension broke on my 01 Accent. Now whenever I make a sharp right turn, the bar rubs against the inside of the right rear wheel (side that broke). I tried ordering the part online, but it is on backorder and won't be in for at least 2 weeks.

To avoid the rubbing against the wheel, can I just remove the bar until the part comes in? It's only connected at one end anyway. I have a Jeep and know guys do this all the time off roading, but not sure what the implications are on an independently suspended vehicle.

·
Registered
520 Posts
when I was upgrading my swaybars, I drove without the rear swaybar for a bit.. and also without the front for a bit (The stock swaybars are so tiny and useless it barely felt diffferent). However,you will experience more body-roll and the handling characteristics of the car will vary. Remember this and stay safe and there's no problem.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The back gets all floaty around any corners with the rear bar detached. +1 for running to the store for new endlinks...

If you're in there, replace the bushings. My front ones are all packed out. Now if the Energy Suspension ones would fit the front...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts