Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
afer hearing how all of you have drove MC's and raving about..i too have taken a chance to drive one

car i drove was a 07 accent SE, i also saw a 08 and noticed that four wheel disc brakes were no longer standard..obviously to keep cost's down but TPMs was present which is a model i'd avoid

once i got in the car, i immediately felt some hint's of the LC..the interior space seem's similiar, the dash and controls were right they were and i had no need to reach out for them..

i started the car and it was very quiet, no vibration and as i dorve it, the car felt rock tight and the 16 inch wheels gave confident grip and control everywhere i went, a/c was blowing ice cold..but hewre's a suprise, even with the a/c on, the engine still have good power when i attempted to tap the power a lil bit which the salesperson didn't mind at all..we were just both layed back on our seat's monologuing about the car and how hyundai was catching up and yada yada yada.

although the engine had supisingly good pep, it wasn't very fast in initial high end acceleration, after shifting to 3rd, i could feel the car gaining very little speed,

and it was noisy but no vibrations thankfully.
it didn't take long to notice that it was just a carryover G4ED engine with minor updates such as CVVT and a little bump in horsepower.

the shifter was easy to shift but rather a bit loose and unprecise..it didn't like fast shifting..it took a little wrist and elbow muscle to wring it from 3rd to 2nd

this car is very easy to drive and with the soft clutch, it's a haven compared to the rough and rumble beta accent I have.

overwall, it's a better and more civilized accent, better quality, no more grayish interior , cute and handsome styling save for the hideous schnozz.

and aftermarket is starting trinkle up a bit after kit..
it would look handsome and cute with the psc or SR body effect's kit.

i think the beta swap in this car is possible..
we just need a Mc with a 5-speed, a beta II CVVT engine and a engine crane, some tools and some muscle.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Yeah, they look pretty good and come with some nice features. I wanted to test drive one a while ago but they didn't have them for test driving, only the base models.

Oh your PM is full, i'll send you my address to send the stuff to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts