Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2008 Tiburon inline 4, and im looking to modify the exhaust from having dual mufflers to just one, and having it exit the back right of the car in a single pipe... I have already modified the rear bumper, and just need to know what kind of muffler i can put on it to keep it close to or better than stock on fuel economy. I also want a nice tone coming from it... Bad call with a cherry bomb turbo? I dont want my economy to go out the sh**er... Any help would be awesome! Cheers

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
The Tib is so quiet with the back section of exhaust removed that you could run a straight pipe with the tip of your choice with no problems. If that's not what you want then you can pick pretty much whatever muffler you like the tone of. The Apexi N1 is nice. ARK Racing also makes single exit catback exhausts for the Tib.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
And I said that. :p

But on the Tib the mufflers are unnecessary altogether. With the rear section removed it's still not loud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but my mufflers are off... and i just have the 2 inch pipe coming back from the cat. the only thing i dont like is how its sucking back fuel like no tomorrow lol... it used to be great!! Any suggestions? just anything with some back pressure work? so that the computer can have time to adjust without just burning so much fuel lol....

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It should not burn more fuel with the mufflers removed. If anything it should burn less, assuming you're keeping your foot out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts