Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dyno... 9.5 psi of boost and here we are:

Tell me your opinions!!
Tuned by me with AEM FIC. Timing is still stock , I didn't want to mess around with it.

This is flywheel hp . I am at 192whp as the dyno said!

·
Registered
2 Posts
how is tuning with the aem fic? are there any problems? i´m asking because i just ordered the same unit for my turbo buildup!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fic is all about clamping some sensors. Once you understand this, it's the easiest thing ever.. The car's driveability is stock!!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I know...Im being a buzz kill, but shouldnt a beta running 9.5 psi run higher? Do you think you could get more if you had it tunned by a pro? I cant wait to get 192whp its gonna be the shitz!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
i gotta agree wiht fintile, i think you should be easily be making 250 or right around there. a stock 1g dsm is rated at 195 hp on a smaller turbo. i aint cutting you down cuz thats a great start. its really hard to get the driveability issue under control with a piggy back, i know i got one lol. i think you can adjust your fuel map a little and maybe back off your timing just a little and hit the rollers again. but great job none the less. you have done what many have deemed "impossible". :D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fine tuning is my next step. I have it rough tuned because I just wanted to see if the fic responds to my modifications. For starters the 192whp is more than enough to satisfy my appetite!! I am really sure that retuning it in the dyno this time, it will bring more hp and even better power curve..

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
good to hear, now beta come with 120-125 stock right. Given from my own exp. with my car is that Hyundai's gain about 10hp per psi so I went from 90 stock to 143 off 5psi (ok so a tad bit more) using a 14b. japakos is using a GT28 wich is a nice size so I would expect 10-15 hp per psi on that badboy. Then again japakos your running a lowr comp ratio so that takes away some power as well. So yeah 10 psi on stock internas should give you 235-250 whp. Given what you said SEEE!! 196 IS plenty to make you happy right now. Everyone keeps giving me crap because I say 250 would be rediculously over-kill on that little car, not that its wrong but it sure would be awsome to have it. :)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Awesome after all the work on your car you deserve to enjoy it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a few questions regarding the fic installation! what is your engine code? g4gf? is it map or maf based? what firmware do you use with the aem fic? z104, z107 or z110?

thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
hell ya more power is way funner no matter how much no traction you get its still a rush remember when tim gave you a ride in his 400+hp mirage I bet that was crazy for you hu fintile... shoot lower comp and a gt28 damn 9 psi is just starting out lower the timming a bit, more boost, add more fuel and 300hp is something I think your setup can achieve. not easily but with a very good tune hell ya. nice work.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Your exhaust is holding you back. Get a 3" on that thing. My NA 2.0L Beta was making almost 180whp through a 2.5". With the turbo, a 3" would definitely benefit you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts