Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1.6L and we think there is more to come once i get batter cooling with intercooler and other part i learned that cooling is very important with supercharger to make consist power

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will call them tommrow for the graph they only mail it out and i'm using AEM FIC and 310cc injectors one thing that i noticed is i had a lot of low end tq hah pulls faster and a friend that was getting dyno with his 05 accent turbo with 5psi and he was making 155 whp and 165 tq pretty cool ****

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
will call them tommrow for the graph they only mail it out and i'm using AEM FIC and 310cc injectors one thing that i noticed is i had a lot of low end tq hah pulls faster and a friend that was getting dyno with his 05 accent turbo with 5psi and he was making 155 whp and 165 tq pretty cool ****
155? what size turbo is he running? I only made 143hp and 138 tq off 5 psi with 290cc injectors and my a/f ratio was perfect on my 04...was he running it leaner? I had a 11.9:1 air fuel ratio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I have the Turbo Accent he is talking about. I can not remember what size it is, it is t3/t4 .57 i believe. The builder picked everything for me. That run he was talking about was the last run and the car was hot. We didn't have time to do a cool run as we needed to get the sc accent done. Maybe on a cool night I am cracking 160WHP. I can't wait to see what the car will do at 7psi and the SC Accent gets a smaller pulley and better cooling!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hay dave man how are you my car is running freaking nice since juan tunned it well not bad for s/c accent with 3.5 psi haha martin was telling me that i was loosing AAAA lot of boost and i found where it was and will be doing some re piping over next week... will be down in red deer soon to get juan to twick more not of my supercharger.. can you get juan to email me my dyno slip? to [email protected] and just to let you know my s/c accent is scary fast in first and second gear... pulls hard... will be interesting when i get my pipings redone...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Damn...i always thought the t3/t4s were smaller than a 14b or at least the same size trim. I'm only able to get 143 off 5 psi...the again...what size is your exhaust? I'm still using a 2.25" from when I was N/A...didnt relize how soon I would go turbo. that could be why I'm not making as much hp...:rolleyes:

Hi,

I have the Turbo Accent he is talking about. I can not remember what size it is, it is t3/t4 .57 i believe. The builder picked everything for me. That run he was talking about was the last run and the car was hot. We didn't have time to do a cool run as we needed to get the sc accent done. Maybe on a cool night I am cracking 160WHP. I can't wait to see what the car will do at 7psi and the SC Accent gets a smaller pulley and better cooling!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Did you guys mistake something?
You are telling about 143/155WHP. This is some 200/210 at the crank...
This is preaty much with 5psi. You maybe mean BHP?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hay i'm the owner of s/c accent i was there with dave turbo accent we are talking about 155 WHP WHP. at the wheel

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Did you guys mistake something?
You are telling about 143/155WHP. This is some 200/210 at the crank...
This is preaty much with 5psi. You maybe mean BHP?
Correction, that's about 165-170hp and 180-185 lb/ft at the flywheel. Accents don't have a 25% plus drivetrain loss.

90whp stock Accent engine plus 5 PSI *Should* add around 30whp. So 143whp at 5PSI is doing pretty good.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Correction, that's about 165-170hp and 180-185 lb/ft at the flywheel. Accents don't have a 25% plus drivetrain loss.

90whp stock Accent engine plus 5 PSI *Should* add around 30whp. So 143whp at 5PSI is doing pretty good.
yeah but that other guy is making 155 whp off 5 psi so what am i doing wrong?!:confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
90whp stock Accent
Yes but Accent 1.5SOHC doesn't have 90WHP. It has some 65WHP and 90BHP. :)

EDIT:
And they HAVE 30+ % lost on trans.
Mine is 102HP stock on the crank and it has 75HP on the wheels (35% loss)
Now is turboed and has 155hp and at the wheels 118 (30% loss)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
i guess you have a point....i'm not sure WHAT kind of dyno they ran...in they ised a crank dyno or not...

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I'm not trying to be a dick here but a lot of this is incorrect.

Yes but Accent 1.5SOHC doesn't have 90WHP. It has some 65WHP and 90BHP. :)
A stock 1.5l SOHC has around 75whp through the 5 speed from the majority of the dyno charts I've seen. But this is an irrelevant statistic because I was talking about the 1.6l DOHC which dynoes about 85-90whp bone stock.

EDIT:
And they HAVE 30+ % lost on trans.
Mine is 102HP stock on the crank and it has 75HP on the wheels (35% loss)
Now is turboed and has 155hp and at the wheels 118 (30% loss)
75whp with a motor rated at 102bhp at the crank is a 26.5% drivetrain loss.

Assuming the same 26.5% drivetrain loss (which is too high unless you're an automatic, but more on that in a second) if you've got 118whp you're making 149.27bhp.

Typically you will have between 15% and 20% drivetrain loss with a properly maintained front wheel drive manual transmission vehicle. 17% is a pretty standard figure for estimating purposes. Why did yours dyno 75whp stock? Probably because your engine was producing about 88bhp at the crank instead of the 92bhp it was rated at. That's easily a tune up and a change of gear oil. I have no idea why you thought it was rated at 102bhp, It isn't.

Using your 118whp figure you're actually making about 138bhp at the crank.

Based on the TONS of stock Beta 5 speed dyno runs I've witnessed all running at very close to 120whp the 17% figure is almost exactly dead on for Hyundai M/T drivetrain loss.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No one has mentioned one very important thing. WHAT KIND OF DYNO????? A mustang and a dynojet will read very very differently. Plus every dyno reads differently. Then there is the correction factor. Last but not least temp and humidity can make a world of difference on a forced induction motor. Dyno numbers mean very little in real world situations.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have no idea why you thought it was rated at 102bhp, It isn't.
It is 102hp wanna fight? :p (j/k)

Mine is 1.5 DOHC (not sohc!) produces 102 BHP(not 92) and 75WHP (dynoed - dont have it) - here is the model (last one) ENG. MODEL

Now its turboed:
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/showroom/68268-1e0n-s-accent-gt-8.html
155PS and 119WHP - the green line is trans. loss - 36,6HP. This is dynoed in 4. gear.

So, you think it is a lot of drivetain loss? But it is like it is :)

(Mods - can you split the topic so we are not in OT)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts