Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
OH LEON!!! I remember you...I asked you about your duel exhaust setup a while back..ok ok...yeah you have one of those funny Hyundai motors...the 1.5 DOHC sits righ in the middle...thats really random...what size exhaust you have on it now?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It is 102hp wanna fight? :p (j/k)
Lol! Not in the least!

Mine is 1.5 DOHC (not sohc!) produces 102 BHP(not 92) and 75WHP (dynoed - dont have it) - here is the model (last one) ENG. MODEL
Ok, that makes sense as far as the stock power rating goes (you were talking about the SOHC, so I didn't follow that you were DOHC). Not to be overly picky, but that's 102ps not hp, so the hp number rounds to (wait for the massive difference here!!!) 101hp. lol. So basically the same. Also, just FYI it's 98 lb/ft of torque stock.

Now its turboed:
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/showroom/68268-1e0n-s-accent-gt-8.html
155PS and 119WHP - the green line is trans. loss - 36,6HP. This is dynoed in 4. gear.

So, you think it is a lot of drivetain loss? But it is like it is :)
It's impossible to measure drivetrain loss like they're claiming to here. I don't know where they're getting their drivetrain loss curve from but it's not something that was measured, it was already input into the dyno computer ahead of time. The only (truly accurate) method of measuring drivetrain loss is to dyno the engine on an engine dyno then dyno the engine while it's in the car. Everything else is just estimates. These people are guessing very high to give you a higher power number for bragging rights. The fact is though that their drivetrain loss curve is not realistic so you're not making the power they're claiming. Even an AWD car only has 26-28% drivetrain loss on average.

If your car dynoed 75whp stock your engine was not making 102hp at the crank. There was a problem of some sort. Even a 1.5l SOHC normally will make 75whp. Even if it's been abused and has high miles.

I wish you were right, because that would mean that my N/A Accent 1.6l makes 130hp at the crank and my bone stock Tib 2.7l is made 211hp at the crank. Unfortunately that's simply not true.

Look up drivetrain loss percentage on Google and you'll see they're way off from reality where you got your car dynoed.

BTW nice Accent though, I looked through your other thread.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Hey Gig they didnt give you an air fuel ratio? what type of dyno is it?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
you usually sit in a numbered scale...some read as rich as 1:1 and give you a number 1 reading...and as lean as 30:1. Your ideal level when driving is going to be about 14 at idle and cruising and your going to want a 12-12.5 reading at WOT or boosting...anything around 11+ your going to want to lean it out anything 13.5 or less you would want to richen it up.

The dyno didnt pull up a sheet or give you an a/f graph?

·
Registered
198 Posts
OH LEON!!! I remember you...I asked you about your duel exhaust setup a while back..ok ok...yeah you have one of those funny Hyundai motors...the 1.5 DOHC sits righ in the middle...thats really random...what size exhaust you have on it now?
Yea man i was drawing something for you :D
I think now is 2.25. ****, im lost about stuff on my car. I was without him for 6 months in the last year...

2 Gju. isn't the torque curve a little to small????

2 187sks: Well, now i really wonder from where did they get the "drivetain loss curve". I shall ask them when i go again on dynotune...

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Most cars drivetrain los is about 20hp... (Except all wheel drive) But it is stupid to consider it because it is what it is.... It is on every vehicle with a transmission... Let it go boys.

His numbers are respectable for 4psi... WHen I first ran my accent 100years ago... @6psi I had 136whp & 163ftlbs. tourque... It was running pretty fat. more boost and lean it out a bit would have netted some damn good numbers for an sohc 1.5 w/ 100,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
mines running a bit lean as well...about 16:1 but thats only because I cant find anyone to tune a Greddy Emanage here in San Diego that wont laugh at me...damn Honda tunners...

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
How did I miss this thread?

Even a 1.5l SOHC normally will make 75whp. Even if it's been abused and has high miles.
Are you mocking my car?! Are you THREATENING ME?:D

I hit 100k miles yesterday. Bought it with 17 miles about 5 years, 8 months, 27 days ago. ;) When I dynoed it with 93k miles it had 76hp @ the tires, 83tq. The engine is stock.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where the hell are yall getting your accent tuned??? I'm on the verge of getting my 2014 accent gs turbo'd only issue is no one within 800 miles will even entertain the idea of tuning my car hell 2 people even hung up on me, I'm in Biloxi ms.... what's the deal????

21 - 32 of 32 Posts