·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 Hyundai Coupe

Beta I Engine
Stock Head
Stock Cams, Valvetrain, etc.
81mm Toyota ZE Pistons (1925cc displacement as opposed to 1975cc stock, making it a 1.9L)
Stock Rods
Stock Crank

HP Racing Ram-Horn Exhaust Manifold
Garrett T3/T4 50-Trim Turbocharger
HP Racing Charge Pipes
Taiwan Made FMIC
HP Racing Intake Manifold w/ dual rail setup
RC Engineering 440cc Secondary Injectors
HKS Super Flow Filter
Tial-Replica (Taiwan) 38mm Wastegate
Blitz Super Sound BOV
Pro+ Fuel Regulator (Taiwan)
DIY Manual Boost Controller
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

Perfect Power SMT-6 Piggyback (for timing)
Greddy E-Manage Blue (for fueling)

HP Racing 3-inch Downpipe
HP Racing 3-inch full exhaust
RS Yamamoto Chambered 3-inch in/5-inch out Muffler

Dyno Sheet:

316.8 whp @ 6600rpm / 324.9 ft-lb @ 5107rpm (18~19 psi)
on pump gas

366.8 hp @ engine as estimated by the Dynapack

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I think you just motivated me to get my car back togother after this long, long wait of it being down :D Tell us more about those pistons, are they forged (I may go 2liter one day!)....?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I think you just motivated me to get my car back togother after this long, long wait of it being down :D Tell us more about those pistons, are they forged (I may go 2liter one day!)....?
Yup those pistons are forged, but the downside is they are 81mm only. The good side is you can have your block sleeved for durability, plus it bolts right in the stock con rods. And we have tested these pistons on a Honda B18C with a T67 Turbo and it was good for 475whp!! Up to now car is running fine and has seen numerous illegal street races. :)

I don't know if you remember it, but you have helped me in the installation of the injector harness on a Beta engine. You were the one who suggested on using diodes. I don't know if I put it on reverse as you did, but I can't get it to work. Problem now is, that car has been missing as the person who owns the car ran away with a debt (US$1266) from my friend's shop haha!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts