Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why wont it come off is it a curse does hyundai not like me, it should just slid off. I mean hell they got the thing on there right it has to come off. If not i will don the safety glass and procide to hack it with a saw.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I believe it is moulded around the metal section while still warm. they do not want it to be able to come off since it is an emergency brake handle. Why you taking it off?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i just picked up a cheap ass one from autozone for now. Hopin to have a custom one made out of carbon fiber and billet.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if i hit it with a blast from the heat gun if it would get pliable enough to remove? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm good old trusty suped up blow dryer. My dad is a tinkerer he took one of my moms old blow dryers that the cord had busted off of, and rigged a new cord to it and used it as a heat gun. Till he realized it wasnt putting off quiet as much heat as he would have liked. So he took it apart and changed the resistor. Now this thing melts paint, its frikkin awesome.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If it will melt paint it will melt rubber ;):. I seriously doubt you could get the whole thing warm and pliable enough to get it off. Most people just cut it from end to end and spread it off. Just make sure you have a good knife and don't get yourself in its path LOL.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Dude, I already told you that you have to cut it off....

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aye shizzle. Dammit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts