Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys , I'm taking me Accent to WSID tomorow night i just had a 38mm pro wastegate put on now the bitch rev's from 900rpm to 7,300rpm before you can blink should do some time for a 1.6litre. Anyway anyone interested let me know tonight my e-mail is [email protected] or 0415892190 and we can race our Hyundai's . Also i've been overseas how's the club setup going , where we at , any closer , Cheers Gary

·
Registered
846 Posts
welcome back! how was your trip?

the club is coming along. a lot slower than i expected, but we are nearly there.

so she goes good now eh? get her on the dyno at all? i bet you are getting some remarkable figures! cant wait to see your 1/4 mile times!

i wont be attending, my gearbox **** itself... wach out for that wont ya... these gearboes arent built to push tripple the standard power... it would pay to treat it with a little mechanical sympathy. looks like you got a good'un tho.

btw know of anyone selling a gearbox off an accent?

·
Registered
846 Posts
btw, how 7300rpm? redline is at 6500???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by T-WINGtrip was awesome gld to be home though , my motor has a lot done thats why she revs hard.
[body]
welcome back! how was your trip?

the club is coming along. a lot slower than i expected, but we are nearly there.

so she goes good now eh? get her on the dyno at all? i bet you are getting some remarkable figures! cant wait to see your 1/4 mile times!

i wont be attending, my gearbox **** itself... wach out for that wont ya... these gearboes arent built to push tripple the standard power... it would pay to treat it with a little mechanical sympathy. looks like you got a good'un tho.

btw know of anyone selling a gearbox off an accent?

[/body]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure about a gearbox but will keep an eye out , and i know mine is not going to last

·
Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by T-WING
[body]
btw, how 7300rpm? redline is at 6500???
[/body]
Hit up QRIUS, i think he will have a manual box available soon...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HI guys , didn't see any one at the creek tonight , i ran a 13.74 and 14.06 the other times i stuffed up . The engine has a lot done so it can rev that hard but 7,500 was to much so i set the shift light to 6.800 and it was better , i know redline on the original tacho is 6,500 but i've got a 5'' tacho which goes to 11,000 not that i'll even get close to that , any way thats it for now

·
Registered
846 Posts
cool! a 13 sec run is amazing imo!

redline isnt just a line on the tach. its a point where the valves start to bounce [aka float](when the valve springs cant keep up with the cams, because the springs cant bounce back fast enough, so they stay open when they are meant to be closed). also when the manufacturer thinks stuff will start to break.

normally the ems cuts spark at redline to stop rev's going higher. you have an aftermarket ems, so you can allow it to go higher, but you cant stop valve float unless you upgrade the head, so above 6800rpm may be no use anyway.

so, 7300, thats a lot of revs... i wasnt thinking engine damage, i was thinking valve float. when you get valve float you get a big drop in power.

titanium springs would fix that8D

congrats on the awsome no's! cant wait to see whats next!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Should place a nice LSD in the Accent.. will improve the times :)

What cams have you placed in the Accent??

·
Registered
651 Posts
BTW :ermm: Nice times... 13.74 is a good achievement from an LC2 Accent :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
good achivement? omg 13's in an accent just good? are you crazy?! 13's is awsome!

·
Registered
651 Posts
12s will be awesome ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
12's would be good , Rocco's the company who did the work have a guy in Korea getting me a LSD , not sure what cams i'm not that much into brand names , i leave that to Rocco's , i've got a new set of shocks coming to stop balance the front to give more grip under boost and then we have a little surprise for it , maybe then 12's would be a reality , stay tuned.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanx bro , i'll let u know if i'm going it all depends if the car feels right , at the moment she's screeming just the taking off , front wheel drive sucks . i had a new short change shifter put on it yesterday at performance styling centre and while there seen this 2.0litre Tiburon from Korea that runs 8's , what a beast .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts