Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hooked a laptop up to there car and reprogrammed their ECU? If so, what is a good program to buy and where did you get it. I know nothing about that but would like to learn. I did a search but couldn't find anything useful.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I haven't seen anything that lets you directly reprogram the stock ecu, But next gen has a fuel Tuner that you can hook to your lap top and use it to max out your fuel - air ratios over your power band. Same Idea as reprograming your ECU to do the same.
http://www.nxtgenmotorsports.com/HCart/ELC/ELCTR.htm
Thats the link to there order page. one is preprogramed to your MOds the other is not. both can be reprogramed in the future to keep up with your additional mods.

Powerchip Has a chip that replaces your ECU with a new one programed to give you better HP torque etc. Its a replacement, but not reprogamable by you. If you change your mods, you have to send it back to them to reprogram. Ther program is also based on what octane gas you run.
http://www.powerchipgroup.com/index.asp

Nex gens would be nice if you have access to a dyno machine and a laptop to really fine tune your car. Power chip is more of a one time fix that will give you most of the benifits with out the dyno work. I havn't heard anything but positive remarks about both of those two chips.

·
Registered
737 Posts
the mafterburner from nxtgen seems to be the best choice for tuning
but that is the downfall you have to get it tuned on a dyno to get results

you best option is to max out bolt ons before you do any tuning because if you tune first then add parts later it will change the parameters and you will have to retune it.

there really isn't any plug and play solutions for any hyundais

·
Registered
10 Posts
Getting your new chip programmed while on the dyno is the only way to do it mate! while the engine is actually running and revving it up so you can setup the air/fuel ratio and adjust time all the way up the RPM band, so you get the absolute best performance of your engine....i would stay away from a pre-programmed chip.! Get your car on a dyno is the only way....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts