Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read in another forum that after every mod you do, you should reset the ecu to help the car relearn how to run better, is this true? if so how do i do it?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
yes this is true. to do so, disconnect the battery. pressing the brake pedal too helps get the rest of the electricity out of the system.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Everytime I did that in my LC I dropped .2-.3 secs off the 1/4... Now I would do it a few days before (allowing time to relearn) and it would run better times than if I hadn't.. but there is not an instant BOOST OF POWER. So dont get your hopes up.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
That`s because you are not doing the re-set properly!......the object is NOT to give the ECU time to learn, but to ENFORCE more aggressive timing /fuelling curves.

See the following write-up from the U.K. Hyundai Coupe Club :-
http://www.ukhcc.co.uk/Knowledge_base/reset_ecu.htm

Cheers,
Nick.:)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Too many people think it is just a matter of disconnecting the battery.

Your rudeness does not become a moderator......I trust your track-manners are better!.

Nick.:dead:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will constantly resetting the ECU do any harm to it or other parts of the Accent?

·
Registered
191 Posts
did this yesterday, i think it helped a little. ran a 17.6 with just a k&n, good write up.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The most important thing about doing a ECU reset is :-
A) To drain the current completely after disconnecting the negative battery terminal, by opening a door (i.e. via courtesy light) &
B) To drive like Shumacher for 30 mins. immediately you`ve re-connected!.

This is the only way to give yourself more aggressive fuelling/timing curves!.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That`s because you are not doing the re-set properly!......the object is NOT to give the ECU time to learn, but to ENFORCE more aggressive timing /fuelling curves.

See the following write-up from the U.K. Hyundai Coupe Club :-

Cheers,
I could'nt get that web site to open. i have hyundai sonata 2011. I bought a engine from 2015 sonata. its 2.4 like the other one. but the check engine light keeps coming on. # P0014. anyone no whats different

1 - 14 of 14 Posts