Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've made acouple topics on how to swap clusters. well through some digging and much help from yall I've managed to do it. Now all I need to do is hook up the Tach. How? I know I have to splice into the completly white wire on my ECU but how do I get to the danged ecu in the first place. its way outta the way. Anyway to get it out of where its at so I can get to it better? or is there a better place I can get my signal wire for my tach at? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
You could get your signal wire from the obd2 harness, its also a white wire. Te harness is plugged into the back of the connector. OR :
The ecu is held in with just a couple of bolts. Although kinda hard to get out it can be done. Remove the bolts pull it out and open the clip. Then remove the screw holding it in and proceed to pin #47 (white wire).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yay Thanks alot. But is there anyway to do it witout removing the ECU?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Only if you wire it to the obd2 harness on the on the backside of the plug. Never tried to access it dont know if its any easier than getting to the ecu. Should be a white wire on it (same wire from the ecu actually). Sorry i dont have more info.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got into the ecu but....I got like 4 white wires....one looks alittle off white the other has a yellow wire and then I got one white that is a large gage and one thats smaller. I'm not sure how to find pin 47 though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts