Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as some of you know i have a lc2 and that i am doing a beta swap soon so i am a bit short on money, at first i want to get wepon r and KONI sport or kyb gr-2 because you can ajust the ridehight and the wepon r only cost 150$$can, but a lot of people said that wepon r are no good on the lc2. soo i was thing just to but Eibach pro-kit and put them on my stock sturts how will they react??? will the stock sturts hold the 1.2" drop???

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Was there even a complete thought in your post? :??:

Stock struts will blow in about 10,000 miles on Eibachs or the Weapon R's, its not the spring rate so much as the lowered ride height and lack of suspension travel that kills them. KYB's are good for maybe 15k. Koni's would probably be good for 10-15k as well, but the benefit of the koni's is you can have them rebuilt and revalved for about $100 each, which would allow you to tell koni how the rest of your suspension is setup and how you would like your car to ride/handle after the rebuild, afterwhich the rebuilt koni's should last a good 25-50K, shorter if you're racing the car (road racing or autocross, not drag or BS street racing).

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I had the same question as well... "what should you do then?" Is there any point in getting ANY kind of spring w/ stock struts? SHould you jut go striaght eibach pro w/ new struts or what? Also I'm aware that they don't make much for our kind of car. What struts fit 04 Accents (LC2)?

[Edited by fintile on Feb 2, 2006 11:18 AM]

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've heard that the 97 or so SeR Sentra suspension is very similar (shocks and springs) but if your going to spend money on suspension, do it right and go for Koni's if you can find them, or full coilovers (k-sport). that's all I have to say about it...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i woul like the kspec but dont have the money and hard to find in canada

·
Registered
453 Posts
no no, the k-SPEC stuff are really these pieces of crap called tech-pro, they also sell on shark racing. The ones I'm talking about are K-sport... easy to get anywhere, go to http://www.ksportusa.com/products/kontrolpro.html ... and click the dealer list, I bought mine from out-of-state to avoid paying taxes on them... I'm sure you could easily find someone in the list to ship to BC...

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have been looking at the KONI Sports for a few days now but cant seem to find a model number for the LC Accent. They dont seem to make one for us. I know people have used them so what model number are they using?

·
Registered
466 Posts
This is the best I can find on the KONI Website.

Accent / Excel / Pony, all (10/97 - 03)
Front/Rear: original struts ø 49 mm only
FRONT = 8610-1411Sport
REAR = 86-2632Sport

Are the factory struts on X3 and LC the same? I thought they were different or is it just spring rates that vary between the two.

They also only seem adjustable in the front, not the rear. Is this normal?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by zeroindigo
[body]
no no, the k-SPEC stuff are really these pieces of crap called tech-pro, they also sell on shark racing. The ones I'm talking about are K-sport... easy to get anywhere, go to http://www.ksportusa.com/products/kontrolpro.html ... and click the dealer list, I bought mine from out-of-state to avoid paying taxes on them... I'm sure you could easily find someone in the list to ship to BC...
[/body]
sorry i ment to say ksport , but what about the Quest Coilovers Type HS from kspec??? and alos going back on the topic do any of you have Eibach pro-kit on stock sturts??? or where i can find KONI Sports???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts