Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yes they'll work for a RD2, but there will probably be a small modification needed -

If you look at the cluster, you'll notice that on an RD2, it has rings that cover the gauge face that has little tick marks cut out to show the denominations on the speedo and tach...well the RD1's don't have these rings. And with these rings, they needed something to hold these rings in place so they put in little black "tabs" which fit into a small 3-4mm (i think) hole. This hole has to be present on the gauge face so the tab will go through and hold on to the backing.

So if anything, the modification you would have to do is just make little holes, unless you just wanna place the rings over the faces and not worry about it.

The other thing about these, which I'm sure somebody else will tell you, is that the warning lights may not be in the same order, or align the same. But let somebody else tell you.

And BTW, these things are WAYYYY cheaper on eBay, even including shipping. I would definitely not recommend buying these for $30+s/h...RIIIIDICULOUS! They go for $15-19 + s/h on eBay...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the reason i was going to get them at that site is that it is located not far from my house so i would not have to pay shipping and handling and i would get them quicker :puzzled:

unfortunately they do not have anymore. is there a website that has some similiar reverse glow gauges for RD2s??? i'd rather not deal with EBAY too much...:dead:

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
you can get the 90 dollar AOS ones from speedstate.;):

just go through ebay. they are super cheap on there. the BOMZ ones will fit perfectly in your cluster. they are on ebay too. they have a solid circle around the needle, instead of the weave design on those gauges.

the ones up there will work, but you will need to do a bunch of crap to get them to work right.

·
Registered
312 Posts
ok sorry to get a lil off topic but, i have the same guages on my RD1, and for some reason unknown to me they have stopped workin for awhile. the wire connections suck but i have checked them and soddered them back together but they still dont turn on, so is there a fuse or anythin for these guys?
if all else fails i could just buy another pair for 20 bucks or w/e but id just like to fix these ones if u guys know how to fix em. thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts