Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

my friend bought a used elantra and we can't verify whether it has keyless entry installed. How can I check, where do I look for the keyless entry system? An ebay remote seller claimed that VIN contained that information, but dealer says it's not true. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Did the car come with a key fob? One way to check for the stock alarm is check under the hood for a hood pin switch on the passenger side of the hood jamb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car didn't come with a keyfob and even though the previous owner claims the car has no alarm, his knowledge can't be trusted. So alarm present = keyless entry present? Could you describe in more detail what it would look like? Could someone post a pic (pretty please)?

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
wawul said:
the car didn't come with a keyfob and even though the previous owner claims the car has no alarm, his knowledge can't be trusted. So alarm present = keyless entry present? Could you describe in more detail what it would look like? Could someone post a pic (pretty please)?
If there is an alarm, and the key to that is the hood pin switch on the passenger side.

Look right above the ps pump reservor and there is the hood pin switch. If yours has the switch, it has the alarm/keyless entry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts