Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Elantra GT is just off warranty but electrical issues were documented during warranty. The right hand power mirror clicks as if stuck for no apparent reason and seems at times to be activated by the key fob clicker. Local dealer tried to fix and replaced switch. Still does it. No explanation. Now car is off warranty and they want cash up front to delve into the problem. Over the last three years car has been in repeatedly for this issue which has now created a major problem. The car was in for repair for the mirror problem for the last two weeks while we were on holiday. It ran for two days after pick up then mysteriously the mirror starting clicking and a day later, the car no longer starts. The ROOMLp 15 amp fuse is blown and when we try and replace it just shoots out a spark and blows the fuse again.

Has anyone else had this problem and what are my rights under warranty. I am in Canada by the way so I cannot invoke the Lemon Law althought right now I wish I could!!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
ask to speak to a manager. all hyundai shops, and regular shops for that matter, have a warranty on their work. it seems very unethical for any hyundai shop to not fix the problem even now for free since they never fixed it to begin with. i mean seriously, don't cuss or threaten them, but be very pissed off when you go in. unless the last time it was fixed was over a year ago, then i think you'll probably just have to pay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elantra GT

Thanks for the response. Just to update, I did speak with the service manager during this whole process and kept my cool however, after doing more research I pointed out a few things. There are 4 Technical Service Bulletins that have been sent by the Manufacturer (Hyundai) to the dealers since 2003. These bulletins clearly relate to my issue. WHen this was pointed out and I also cc the Toronto Star Newspaper and the VP of CUstomer Relations for Hyundai, I was asked to phone my dealer again. They paid to have the car towed to them (about 40 miles ) and also agreed to cap the cost at $300. I agreed to have the work done as I am carless....however, a lawyer suggested I sue after the fact for the full cost.
Let's just hope they can fix it...then I'll see what's next.

Just goes to show, don't let the bullies bully you - don't give up!

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Hopefully it can be repaired. There is a short somewhere in the system, and it may be possible that the ETACS system may be involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts