Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 2ltr elantra 5 speed the revs dont drop of quick enough hyundai service mob agree but can not find a fix for it.
has anyone had the same problem or better still has anyone found a fix?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yah I have a 2001 elantra with the 5 speed and the revs dont drop off quick on mine either. I would have to say its something in the computer because i noticed that once it gets to about 1,000 revs it kinda lingers and then drops to idle. I also noticed that if you are on a incline and let the car start rolling it will pick the revs up to 1000 or so. I dont exactly like that either. Also I was wondering if you hear a slight knocking in the engine when its cold especially. I have a slight knock in mine with in the first 15 min of running and you can hear it if you rev up just to about 3000 rpms and let it die off and your hear the knock when the rpms come down. Just wondering.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It depends on what you mean, at idle it takes a min or 2 for the ecu to pull hte revs down, same at constant speed it revs 3-400 rpm to hi then the ecu pulls it down. plus I need to move this topic it's in the wrong area.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~trini

1 - 3 of 3 Posts