Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,
Bought a very nice 01 Elantra and am really pleased with it.
I'm having a small problem, please help. The Stereo and Dashboard clock worked when I first bought it (I've had it about 2 weeks now), on day 3 both stopped working and the Check Engine light came on. It's recently been serviced and passed it's MOT so I know there's nothing wrong with the engine so i'm assuming the check engine light's part of the electrical fault.
I've checked both fuse boxes and can't find any problems with either. It's not the stock stereo and I've a spare stereo I replaced it with to see if it was an error with the stereo but that one didn't work either so i'm thinking electrical fault.

What am I missing?

Please help,

Jim

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I would look for a connector in the dash harness near the clock and stereo which is unplugged (or loose) or a ground which is loose or disconnected somewhere there within the dash.

Also get your CEL code scanned to see what's going on with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's nothing I can see that's disconnected, is there a way of getting to other parts under the dash that aren't readily accessible?

I've pulled the stereo out, checked all the fuses, problems not there.
To add to it the check engine lights come on but it passed it's MOT days ago so i'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong there.

One thing thats a bit odd is the clocks not working and once in a while (ever three or four times) when I start it the windscreen wipers decide to turn themselves on for a few wipes without the control lever being flipped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts