Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to say "whats up?".

Anyways, here is my Hyundai Elantra TURBO project. I am running 6psi with no boost spikes at all. Spools like a champ. I am running a garrett/mitsu T-25 turbocharger.

Here's some pics of the project:

Me doing the turbo install

Installing the BOV

I'm using T bolt clamps, so the intercooler piping doesn't blow off and so i dont get any boost leaks.

I also got the valve cover powdercoated later:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the stealthy intercooler piping. Makes it look like a sleeper. You can see the i/c piping is hard to see, and nobody suspects the hyundai has a front mount intercooler.

I also put on a high performance radiator cap, to keep the engine cool with the higher turbo temps.

I had a boost gauge, but the mounting bracket came off while driving and I had the window down hitting 6 psi around a turn and the gauge rolled right out of the window.

Air fuel ratio gauge:

HKS exhaust imported directly from Japan. (I know I should have gotten a Korean exhaust, but who cares)

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
no, but i did put in some big 450cc injectors though.

What is your fuel ratio at wot? Cruise?

450cc injectors is a bit big, and I know the stock fuel pump can't deliver enough fuel for that injector. The stock pump can handle the 290cc injectors, but a high volume pump is even better.

I am R&Ding (final stages at this point) a turbo project on the 07 Elantra.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I don't know, I just watch the a/f gauge to make sure it doesn't say I'm running lean at WOT.
You need to know the actual a/f ratio as the number. Too rich, your engine will not produce the power it could; too lean, the engine can grenade itself.

Optimal a/f ratio is 12.4-12.7 at WOT. That is safe enough to run without detonation (depending on air temperature) and provides enough power to run decently.

I hope you are running a different fuel pump.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Man... some of you guys have got NO sense of humor. :cool:

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
lol this reminds me of a youtube video i watched a long time ago somebody used duct tape to put together the turbo system on an eclipse and the car wasnt boosting that much but it was sounding like a turkey screeming loud lol so funny.
judging from that vid i would say duct tape holds a good 2 psi for 1 minute

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
lol this reminds me of a youtube video i watched a long time ago somebody used duct tape to put together the turbo system on an eclipse and the car wasnt boosting that much but it was sounding like a turkey screeming loud lol so funny.
judging from that vid i would say duct tape holds a good 2 psi for 1 minute
The turbo is not even hooked up. It is duct taped to the top of the engine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.