Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the deal. I have a 2000 elantra wagon GLS. Will the standard 4 door elantra body kits fit? If not does anyone know where I can get one? Is there another car's body kit that might fit? Maybe the Santa Fe?

·
Registered
266 Posts
i got the same car just a 99 the thing is that they will bolt up but the tail lights are different you will have to custumize the top of the back bumper. if you take a picture of the wagon you will see what i mean when you line it up with the back bumper. i am going to do a full baody kit on my wagon when i get the money to do the extra body work that is called for. please keep me informed on you progress if you do yours first ok.

email me at d-mac121 @hotmail.com (no space)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, money is an issue with me too. I assumed the front and sides of a kit would work. My wife was the one who told me to look at the taillights. Would you have a contact company of who I might go through? I have only really noticed the EVO3 (?) which is nice. I think I am going to leave the car black as well. thanks
Originally posted by danwagon
[body]
i got the same car just a 99 the thing is that they will bolt up but the tail lights are different you will have to custumize the top of the back bumper. if you take a picture of the wagon you will see what i mean when you line it up with the back bumper. i am going to do a full baody kit on my wagon when i get the money to do the extra body work that is called for. please keep me informed on you progress if you do yours first ok.

email me at d-mac121 @hotmail.com (no space)
[/body]

·
Registered
266 Posts
at this time i have not seen a body kit made for the wagon. i have heard people say if i had 10 or more people then they would customize a body kit for a spesific car, they basicly take the car we tell them we want a kit for and they make a kit for it. that is an idea but need 8 more people for that now that would be a gb that i got into. i have a buddy that is working at a dealers body shop and he told me that it would not be hard to make the back bumper work just have to remake the top half of the bumper, and yes the front and sides will fit.if you look at the trunk it is different from the hatch so that messes it up to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan. Keep me on your list. I am sadly just not in the right circles around here to get that type of help. I was given permission from the wife to began work as long as it doesn't affect me taking the car to work.lol. So it is always a problem finding the time. I have looked around quite a bit and just can't find much. Maybe I sshould hit the myspace to see if anyone is willing to join up in the wagoneers club.
Originally posted by danwagon
[body]
at this time i have not seen a body kit made for the wagon. i have heard people say if i had 10 or more people then they would customize a body kit for a spesific car, they basicly take the car we tell them we want a kit for and they make a kit for it. that is an idea but need 8 more people for that now that would be a gb that i got into. i have a buddy that is working at a dealers body shop and he told me that it would not be hard to make the back bumper work just have to remake the top half of the bumper, and yes the front and sides will fit.if you look at the trunk it is different from the hatch so that messes it up to.
[/body]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
More like the wagonqueers

Just kidding. But seriously, don't get window stickers.

Let see some pics of the wagons

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow you're mean...lol. I need to talk to the wife on how to put my pics up on here. My pimpdaddyflywagon has certainly seen better days thats for sure. 3 kids plus the fact it spent time in Cali, Northern MI (the U.P.) Boston-back and forth to Rochester NY too, now it's in Memphis. The only problems I have had were my alternator belt and my thermostat. It's not pretty but I can totally see it's potential.
Originally posted by C B
[body]
More like the wagonqueers

Just kidding. But seriously, don't get window stickers.

Let see some pics of the wagons
[/body]

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have mine all torn apart, in process of doing motor and transmission swap but I'll get some pics up when I'm finished. I want to do some crazy stuff with it that will make it stand out, but I'm not trying to spend a lot of money and I don't want it to look gay, any ideas?

·
Registered
266 Posts
well it is a wagon so you dont have to do much to make it stand out. i am going to slam mine and race it. i can not wait for the track to open up so i can get some times down. you will not look gay, but just mack sure thsat you keep it looking good, not rigged.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts