Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe my alternator Is rated at 90A, Is that correct?

My problem Is that with two amplifiers running at all times and me doing most of my driving In town and I rarely get above 2 rpm's. Plus, I really try to coast as much as possible because of crazy ass gas prices.

Anyways, the battery actually went dead recently and I had It checked but It showed that It was fine but undercharged even though It had been charged for 5 hours and Autozone.

Do they make an aftermarket amplifier for our car? What about a overdrive pulley which would spin the alt faster, right?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
686 Posts
you'd have to you your alternator custom wound = $$$

do you have any capacitors?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you'd have to you your alternator custom wound = $$$

do you have any capacitors?
Yep. I use one capacitor for the subwoofer. It's been a good 5 or so years since I bought It, I wonder If he should be replaced?? I just checked and its only a one farad and 6 years old. hmmm.

So nobody makes an aftermarket alt though? How much for custom wound? Do they make a overdrive pulley for our car? If so where can I get one?

Thanks for reply's.

·
Registered
686 Posts
reading around on the internet it should be less than about $300 from you local alternator shop, w.e. that is lol

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
What you need is a second battery, or a big CCA battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
you want to replace your caps FOR SURE! they will degrade over time, more you demand from them, more often you need to replace them. 2nd battery will give you greater capacity (to compensate for an underpowered altenator) or you (best option) get a higher output alternator. I'vfe not seen any across the web, but if you search you may find one from Korea or you will have to have one custom made

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts