Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I AM NEW TO ELANTRAS AND EXCITED ABOUT THEM!!! THIS IS PROBABLY A DUMB QUESTION BUT I HAVE ONLY HEARD OF ELANTRA "GLS" AND "GT" MODELS AND I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WERE "XD" COMES FROM AND WHAT THE DIFFERENCES ARE BETWEEN THE "XD" AND THE "GLS,GT" MODELS I AM IN THE U.S.A. AND NOT SURE IF MAYBE IT IS NOT AVAILABLE HERE OR WHAT? ANY INFO YOU COULD GIVE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED ESPECIALLY WHAT THE DIFFERENCES ARE!!!!

P.S. I HAVE ALREADY SEARCHED ALOT AND STILL AM UNABLE TO LOCATE THE SPECIFICS

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
First of all, stop posting in caps..it's rude..

second: the XD is the chassis code of the elantra-01-05 models.

clear as water right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry about the caps i wasn't aware i have always typed in caps.. anyway so does that mean that all 01-05 elantras are "xd's" or are only specific ones "xd's" and if there are specific ones is there any advantage to heving an "xd" over a different one?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
any Hyundai Elantra made from 01-05 are XD's..they are the third generation Hyundai elantras and are the only elantra to have the 2.0l Beta..the previous generation"J2" have 1.8L beta' engines..

for Example...i drive an LC "Little Champ" which is the codename for the 2nd generation hyundai Accent

another way to find out the easy way is go to the window of your hyundai and find the part content origin sticker..in the top right..you'll see The chassis codename is is 2 letter's like XG or XD or EF or NF Or GK or LC or RD or SM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts