Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I've got the apexi avc-r boost controller. Im having some problems as far as wastegate lines. Now of course the wastegate control line is on the actuator where it goes. My question is the boost source for the actuator. It WAS plugged into the turbo nipple where I was told it goes and the pressure sensor for the boost controller was on the manifold. Now I've been stuck at 9psi for some reason (I used to blow 10 cant remember everything I changed since then). The turbo is internally wastegated at like 7psi. Obviously its been working but even when set on 12psi I was doing 9 with little bit of oscilation. I turned the feedback speed all the way down to 1 which is how you solve oscilation. It worked but same boost level. So I tried the intake manifold for the actuator boost source so it would match the pressure sensor of the boost controller (made sense to me). First time I drove it it started to go into boost and the whole car bogged down to nothing... WTF. So I tried boost again. It is incredibly smooth. I havent tried boost over 7psi yet. However Now my bov isnt as loud, makes more of a wooosh air sound than what it made before (I liked it better before). It also kinda of surges, but its not surge. It sounds like a srt-4 with a pst pst pst pst like noise. Weird. Whats the deal with these lines and where should they realy go??? Thanks for any help/input....

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I had to put it back the way it was b/c I was getting boost cut? Works fine now, still havent tested it over 8psi though.... I'll try to mess with it tomorow....

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also swapped the vacuum line for the bov when I changed those lines. I didnt put it back on the same line it was on. The bov line is now the line that USED to run from the pcv valve. Strange thing is now the bov is EXTREMELY quiet when it used to be loud as all hell.... Makes a air wooosh now more than anything.... Guess it means a vacuum source is not a vacuum source... Im going to play with it and get rid of the rest of the silicone lines Im running (as the collapse under boost) and see what happens... I want the boost source for the actuator on the IM. The problem couldnt of had anything to do with blocking off the hose attached to the turbo nipple could it? Not sure if that would affect it or not.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts