Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 tiburon 2.0L. And i was wondering if an electronic supercharger like the ones that fit right after the air filter will have any effect on the proformance of my car. I saw the ad on ebay and it says it increases by 2.1 PSI and that it is a 500 CMF? or something like that i don't remember the abriviations.

I currently have OBX headers and a stage 1 cold air intake. What else could i do to Upgrade it more. I feel like i need more of a rev response. What is my cheapest option and what sould i go with first? please help this noob. :??:

[Edited by warchi on Nov 2, 2005 7:49 AM]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you guys give me more specific details on electric superchargers. Like have they worked for you? Remember its that type thy sell on EBAY that goes right after your air filter.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Your 12vlt system will not support an electric turbine that can spin fast enough to make usable boot. Maybe with a separate battery/capacitor system?.. but that would be like having a retarded nitrous system. Boost for a few seconds the wait for a recharge. Most of those systems actually take away some hp away at higher rpms because of the restriction it creates. The only dyno I have seen with an improvement used a leaf blower that was powered by a wall outlet… so if you want electric F/I go buy a really long extension cord… I did a lot of research some time ago and found its just not doable until the 42vlt systems come out.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Get one, and if you like it, then you can purchase other products like:

the exhaust thingine that makes your car sound like a turbo whine
the tornado for only 49.95, recommended by george the mechanic
and neon lights under your car, the ones where the bulbs show.

oh, and HI, welcome!!

[Edited by meee2yo on Nov 7, 2005 6:48 PM]

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
To elaborate, basically it is impossible for the fans to even move enough air to keep up with what your engine could suck in on it's own. The concept is valid, but it doesn't work with low capacity 12v electrical systems in current cars. There is a guy who makes "the real deal", but you have to add a bunch of extra batteries to it's seperate system and run it for a quarter mile run at a time and then let it recharge.
http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

1 - 7 of 7 Posts