Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, new to the whole car scene so be nice plz ;)...anyway i recently bought an 00' elantra...looking to spend a little money on it, have around 500 spare cash sitting around...was wondering if anyone could help me with what to buy. been searching around and cant find much of anything for it(maybe i didnt look hard enough >.<) so i want it to sound better its a manual i love revvin it up listening to the engine wonder if i could make the engine louder with a few mods here and there, or would i just have to go with a new exhaust sytem..also ive read alot about how cold air intakes are a quick easy way to get better gas mileage with adding a bit of power as well...havent been able to find an intake anywhere yet..well if anyone could help i'd really appreciate it just some parts i could search for that fit and would add a bit of power or make it run better sound better would be cool nothing to fancy(not looking for FI or engine swaps) my msn is [email protected] hit me up if you got some time to help with my questions or talk or whatever, peace

[Edited by regretnothing on Jan 14, 2006 9:37 AM]

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Id get...

Ebay CAI (80bux)
Short Throw (120bux?)
Custom exhaust shop Catback, not the best in the world but its better than stock (150 bux)
Strut Bar (75bux)

Then you have 100 left over for a good tune up. ;): Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx alot ebay has an ok selection of cai's i havent found one for the elanta 00' anywhere else as of yet sorting through them to find best one available and will most likely buy one as ive heard everywhere there helpful with gas and provide a little boost of power...short shift is just for quiker gear shifts correct?...if so dont think ill need that (not racing or anything, we'll see might be easier driving with one¿) the custom exhaust thing..i'd just have to find a custom shop around town? or buy the parts and find someone to install it (btw is installing most of these items easy to learn/do because i have nvr done car installs and such before and wouldnt want to hurt things now would i >.<) heard of strut bars not sure wth they are or anything so ill go read up and decide if its something i'd want to grab thx alot for help man havent gotten replys in any other forum and this one was quik and helpful reply...ill definately stick around here 8D

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
[body]thx alot ebay has an ok selection of cai's i havent found one for the elanta 00' anywhere else as of yet sorting through them to find best one available and will most likely buy one as ive heard everywhere there helpful with gas and provide a little boost of power.[/body]
http://www.evofusionusa.com/TeamSR/Hyundai/97tiburon-evofusionintake.html
that one is alittle more expensive than the 80 dollar ebay things, but if you can't find one on ebay. :ermm:

[body]short shift is just for quiker gear shifts correct?...if so dont think ill need that (not racing or anything, we'll see might be easier driving with one¿[/body]
yes it can be used to shift faster. I just like the feel of it and it looks sooo much better than that truckish stock unit

[body]the custom exhaust thing..i'd just have to find a custom shop around town?[/body]
Thats what I did. Told them to take out the stock 1 7/8 pipe and replace it with 2 1/4. Removed the resonator and added a "turbo muffler" and had the set it up like the stock unit. So unless you know what to look for it appears to be stock. Nice low end gains and better in city gas milage from that mod.

[body]heard of strut bars not sure wth they are or anything so ill go read up[/body]
They make the chassic a little more rigid. From what I understand it helps alot with initial turn in and helps turning in general slightly. Also another item that surves a purpose but still looks good. ;):

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i got a friend that owns a car dealership and hes hooking me up with some peeps who can get me custom exhaust done with a discount >.< ...still looking around for intakes, found a short ram intake? is this better or worse than a cai are there other types what is the best?... besides like turbos supers and nos what else could add some power/speed?...are you able to tell the diffrence when putting custom exhaust and cai in your car and other small mods?

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Yes I felt some gains and saw an improvment in gas milage when I keep my foot out of it. Another mod that would suit your needs would be a UDP (underdrive pulley). I have an unorthadox but there are cheaper out there. Jspeed and OBX both make UDPs for your car. Just as a note without an impact your not going to get the crank nut off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts