Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turbo accent has gobs of torque steer at 10+psi.... What can I do to help get rid of it.... It feels very unsafe.... I just added a strut bar today (thanks wit), seems to of helped some as my struts are still stock with 114,000miles they are the best. I have a set of lowering springs sitting next to me I plan installing soon. Im going with the gabrial ultra struts and strut mounts as well. What about things like sway bar bushings? I remember reading awhile back not to use a rear strut bar if you have no PS, is their any truth to that? Just looking for some thoughts/ideas.... I appreciate any help!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Doesnt a limited slip or possi help with the torque steer issue? I think thats what helped the most but I am not totally sure

·
Registered
85 Posts
You are correct. an LSD will pretty much get rid of his torque steer. you still might get some, but it won't be anything like what your experiencing now with an open diff.

·
Registered
61 Posts
An LSD would definitely help, but stock shock absorbers with 114,000miles????

They can't be in good condition. Start by changing them.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The struts are under works.... I got springs just waiting on struts.... When I burnout I leave 2 tire marks for as long as I burn out.... didnt do that when I didnt have any power lol. LSD is expensive :paranoid: Does ne1 know anything about putting a rear strut bar on a car w/o power steering? If thats okay I will pick one up I just remember reading it was a bad idea for some reason....

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
If your leavin two marks, then your gettin power to both wheels. Your rotating the pinon gears in the differental. I can get the same effect, but only in second gear...

You have a front wheel drive car, it will have tourque steer. You cant stop it...

Theres nothing wrong with the strut bar. Slap it on there.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
If you're getting torque steer, about all you can do is man up and grip the wheel tighter and fight it.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LoL thats what I've been doing.... However I know the torque steer is a bit unreasonable.... The strut bar helped me out some (the car dont rock now). Im sure new struts to go with the springs sitting here will help me alot. I dont mind some torque steer, I know its always going to be there it just doesnt have to be this bad!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts