Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the quest to make my car more efficient, i've run into my next obstacle- engine bay heat. how do you guys deal with it? ideally, i'd love it if someone made an evo style hood for LC2's but they don't. i need to get a new hood anyway, and i was thinking about cutting it up and somehow molding one in..any ideas/opinions?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
just do what I did. Go on ebay get a en evo style vent and get a body shop to do the work.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey,

this reminded me of a guy that took his hood from his Red LC2 I think. What he did was cut out in between the brackets that are underneath the hood. So it looked like 2 triangles facing down side by side. He did a really nice job with it. I can't seem to find it using the search sorry and it's hard to describe. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey,

this reminded me of a guy that took his hood from his Red LC2 I think. What he did was cut out in between the brackets that are underneath the hood. So it looked like 2 triangles facing down side by side. He did a really nice job with it. I can't seem to find it using the search sorry and it's hard to describe. Hope this helps.
here i am hahaha will try to find a picture for you

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like that hood Medic. What about the water that might get in? Do I need to worry about water getting in if I wanted to put a vent. Is there a way were you can have a vent and water cannot get in?

·
Registered
53 Posts
To do that you would need to have a scoup like mine i would imagine and rotate it around 180 degrees so the vent is facing the windshield.

Cheers Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
you could buy a phenolic spacer if you have a 1.6 dohc motor. It will drop your intake manifold temperature dramatically... :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
nice plug jrm

i'm not sure why you would need more cooling of the engine bay since the stock stuff works pretty good without the aid of vents.

Some of my autocrosses I more or less hot lap with very little time to cool down and i've never had any overheating issues with the stock equipment.

If you want a cheap trick, use risers on the hood hinges to raise the back of the hood near the cowl. This will allow air to be sucked back into the engine bay like a cowl induction hood of the good ole days. This is a common trend in the korean scene. Rside makes a riser kit that kspec sells.

·
Registered
332 Posts
nice plug jrm

i'm not sure why you would need more cooling of the engine bay since the stock stuff works pretty good without the aid of vents.

Some of my autocrosses I more or less hot lap with very little time to cool down and i've never had any overheating issues with the stock equipment.

If you want a cheap trick, use risers on the hood hinges to raise the back of the hood near the cowl. This will allow air to be sucked back into the engine bay like a cowl induction hood of the good ole days. This is a common trend in the korean scene. Rside makes a riser kit that kspec sells.
you actually dont needd to buy their kit i looked at it and said that is expensive for the parts that they send you

all i did was removed one side at a time put a couple 1/8 inch washers in each one then did the other side then aligned my hood so that it latched properly and installed hood pins in the front near grill for added safety and it sits about a half inch above the fender

the hood looks good plus i did notice a few degrees lower running temp ( not much to really say so though ).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts