Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 05 accent 2dr gls. how many miles should I put on the motor before I start reving it hard? and start putting mods on?

[Edited by mogo on Nov 2, 2005 10:52 AM]

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
give it at least 500 miles

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
it doesnt need to be broken in. its already been ran when it wasnt in the car. they test it before they put it in the car. they break it in for you. you just need to break it in the way you drive. but it does need to see WOT before 500 miles is on it. seats the rings.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If the engine is already broke in when you get it then it does not need to see wot to seat the rings. Look in your owners manual.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It doesn't hurt to give your car a 1000km or so to break in, no point in putting undo strain on new components. If you are that anxious to beat a car up rent a car for a day and get it out of your system :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
hehe well it won't take long to build up a thousand clicks and then hav fun.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Originally posted by imcastock
[body]
If the engine is already broke in when you get it then it does not need to see wot to seat the rings. Look in your owners manual.
[/body]
they break it in. they dont beat on it though. they put 2-4 miles on it before it gets to you period, sometime 7-10.

EDIT- the manual also says 3750 between every oil change... :hmmm:

[Edited by thegrim on Nov 6, 2005 12:37 PM]

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
hehe yeah speaking of that, in Canada it says 5000km interval in the service manual and in the owners manual it says 6000km.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
^^ so do u always trust the owners manual? its not meant to be read if ya ask me, its just there for the old people that curiousity needs to be satisfied with some answer. have the shyt in the owners manual doesnt even really help.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When the cars role off the transports into the shop they have anywhere from 4-14 miles on them. Hyundai wants us "the Hyundai Technician" to put on atleast ten miles before letting it go to the customer. To make sure everything is ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts