Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I would just like to say hi to everyone as I am new here and a little about my car. I live in the UK and own a 1.3i Accent LC with a few mods (Pipercross viper CAI, FSE Power boost valve, 17" Wolfrace Toyamas, 4" backbox, tinted windows, etc.)

I recently bought the garret gt15 and the manifold from my mates S-coupe (after measuring to make sure the fitments were the same, which they are) I am building up to my install by buying various parts here and there and was just wondering about wether or not the engine compression would need to be changed or could i run a t15 with standard compression.

If so would this do the job, as it is for the 1.5/1.6 models just wanted to make sure it would fit?:
Shark Racing

Thanks in advance,
Dan

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Im not sure if thats fits a 1.3 maybe jap can chime in as i believe his first build was the 1.3. As far as compression goes it wont be a problem with that t15 provided you keep a good tune. I ran with the wastegate line pulled on the t15 daily driven (dont expect much more than 15-16 psi on a good night max with that turbo) on stock internals. Im not suggesting do what i did, just letting you know my experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts