Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I bought a scoupe turbo head and pistons. I haven't pulled the head off of my 98 1.5 SOHC yet, but does anyone know if the turbo one is going to Bolt-up with no problem? I'm concerned about the distributor portion of the show.

I think the pistons should drop in no problem.

I've done some searching and apparently my engine is the G4EKX and the scoupe turbo is the G4EK.

Also, anyone used these guys? they seem like they have a good amount of parts for Hyundai
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/

[Edited by XericRally on Feb 16, 2006 12:31 AM]

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I don`t think you are going to have any problems.......all parts for the 1.5 SOHC Alpha I engine will be fully interchangeable.

Nick.:)

·
Registered
631 Posts
XericRally - I understand wanting the pistons, but why the head? Does it have better flow numbers? I've always heard that the n/a cam was better than the turbo cam, even under boost.

Just curious, that's all.

·
Registered
842 Posts
hey, i have a similar question... would be will the accent NA head fit or bolt right up to the scoupe TURBO block. the accent head eliminates the distributor side of things... the lower portion of the block has oil or crown squirters (not sure of the tech term). this is supposed to add to reliability.

from another car forum i've frequented, an NA cam is usually more aggresive and better performer even in turbo applications. (see the 80's turbo dodge forums www.turbododge.com)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Nick

Gimp- Looking back, I can't tell you why I wanted the head. I bought it a while ago and myabe I didn't know about my local yard and wanted an extra to get worked on while keeping my car running? No good reason.

Thanks for the info on the cam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts