Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife has a 2000 elentra VE.

Before leaving work this afternoon, she let the car warm up for approx 5min. Temp is currently below zero. She got about half way home with the car running normally, however, when she stopped at a stop light, the car began to shake very baddly and seemed to want to stall. She gave it gas to keep the RPMs up and make the vibrations go away. The "check engine" light also began to flash at this time. The car would continue to do this everytime she needed to stop. She says it seems to shift fine, and also seems to run OK while the RPMs are up and the car is driving. When she got home, I took a look, and the engine shakes rather badly and you can smell what smells like burning rubber. The RPM fluctuates at idle, but the car doesnt stall.

I have no clue even where to start with this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Check plugs/wires. As far as burning rubber smell check out the belts....

·
Registered
6 Posts
my sister had a similar problem with her mazda 626 1993. She sent the car for repair and they changed all the spark plugs wires and all the sparkplug. The problem stopped.

probably the same thing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts