Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2006 hyundai Accent LC2. It has 35000km on it. My engine light came on today and won't go off. I have to bring my car into the shop for a check-up anyway plus it's under warranty so i'm not to worried.

My question is I have a SRI K&N. Should i take it off and put my stock box intake back on? Has anyone had problems with hyundai not covering something under warranty because of a aftermarket intake?

Kinda suprising there would be something wrong with the car after 35 000km dosen't make me feel to confident concidering i drive really easy.

Thank you for the replies

Chears!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
well if the problem does exist within the intake side that you replaced with aftermarket products then no it will not be covered under warranty but if the problem lies elsewhere lets say wou have a code of i dont know p 0300 random multiple cylinder misfire than your sri intake is not the cause of the concern and the dealer will bypass the aftermarket install so to be on the safe side i would reinstall the stock air intake

on another thought what did you do with the iat sensor if it is unpluged then that would cause the mil to illuminate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts