Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i have a 95 hyundai execl sprint and im in the middle of doing it up i would like to put eg turbo, intercooler and all that sort of things on it the main thing is what internals and externals need to be changed to be able to handle these of the engine??

·
Registered
23 Posts
turbo

it depends on how much boost u will be runing at five pounds u should be fine anymore than that and i would aluminum forged pistons, ecu and fuel system.

·
Registered
687 Posts
You don't really need aftermarket pistons when you're pushing 1 bar.

But, what you will need is a fuel management system such as an SAFC or something similar, bigger injectors but you'll have to do the math depending on how much boost you want and how much fuel you need, and you'll need a bigger fuel pump.

If you want to push much more htan 12-14 psi, you WILL need to do a lot more internal work, but since you're asking basic questions, I don't think you should push much more than 10psi and keep it simple until you are more experienced.

Howie~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Asian_907 said:
You don't really need aftermarket pistons when you're pushing 1 bar.

But, what you will need is a fuel management system such as an SAFC or something similar, bigger injectors but you'll have to do the math depending on how much boost you want and how much fuel you need, and you'll need a bigger fuel pump.

If you want to push much more htan 12-14 psi, you WILL need to do a lot more internal work, but since you're asking basic questions, I don't think you should push much more than 10psi and keep it simple until you are more experienced.

Howie~
iv got a 1.5 engine and i need to pull it apart and rebuild it so i might as well do all the internal work while iv got it all apart so what would i have to do to handle say 10-14 psi ???

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well...

If you gotta pull and rebuild anyways, why dont you sell the 1.5 and buy the 2.0 Beta? It's almost bolt-on and it's a lot more interesting pulling it apart and rebuilding it. It's one of the most common engine swaps on Hyundaiperformance.com. What kind of turbo are you going to be running anyways?

HOwie~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Asian_907 said:
Well...

If you gotta pull and rebuild anyways, why dont you sell the 1.5 and buy the 2.0 Beta? It's almost bolt-on and it's a lot more interesting pulling it apart and rebuilding it. It's one of the most common engine swaps on Hyundaiperformance.com. What kind of turbo are you going to be running anyways?

HOwie~
ill be putting a t3/t4-t4 turbo . when it comes to swapping 1.5 to the 2.0 do you have to swap anything else at all after that engine has been swapped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts