1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my engine died and i dont know what caused it

-> i have fuel pressure
-> i have spark
-> timing is correct (replaced timing belt in process)
-> took off fuel rail and fuel is not coming out of injectors when engine is being spun over
-> tried to do a "home diagnostic" on ecm and no response from ecm

the engine spins but wont run. any suggestions?

[Edited by Hyundai92Excel on Apr 22, 2003 2:55 PM]

·
Registered
2 Posts
my engine died and i dont know what caused it

-> i have fuel pressure
-> i have spark
-> timing is correct (replaced timing belt in process)
-> took off fuel rail and fuel is not coming out of injectors when engine is being spun over
-> tried to do a "home diagnostic" on ecm and no response from ecm

the engine spins but wont run. any suggestions?

[Edited by Hyundai92Excel on Apr 22, 2003 2:55 PM]
hyundai shehzore price in pakistan
Hey everyone, I have a 2016 Sonata that I've owned since early 2018 (2nd owner, 40k mi).
March 2019 - got the service update at 75k mi. Immediately after, my car started burning through oil. Had to change it every 1k mi or less. Contacted the dealer; they said that's normal.
Jan 2020 - finally said enough is enough -- took it to the dealer and insisted on diagnostics. They had me go through weekly checks to check the oil because they still stood by this being a normal amount.
late Feb 2020 - 104k mi. After several oil consumption tests, they agreed that it NOT normal, was an engine issue, and more importantly would be covered by warranty. They replaced the engine; a process that took appx 6 weeks. No codes were ever thrown.
Feb 2021 - 132k mi. Car goes into limp mode on the way home. Bought a code reader -- P1326 and P0137.

My question is this-- I'm about 20 mi from town. I have one tow l can use on my roadside assistance. I can go to the dealer or my local mechanic (whose rates are about half the dealer rates). If this was anything aside from an engine issue, the choice of where to tow it to would be easy. Is this something the dealer is likely to take care of under the new engine's warranty? The service tech I'm familiar with isn't there anymore and when I called today, the person on the phone they acted like they had no idea what engine issues I was referring to and couldn't tell me anything about any warranty, although I'm certain the paperwork I received last year mentions a warranty, I just can't remember how long it was for.

Anyone else have an issue with TWO engines in these darn cars?

·
Registered
2000 model Hyundai Lantra GLS 2.0 (G4GF) factory 5 speed manual. Fully optioned. Most things work...
63 Posts
Look up class actions and recalls on Hyundai Sonatas. The primary engines that are known to be prone to catastrophic failures are the THETA II 2.4 and 2.0T. Metal fragments from manufacturing are left in the engines and end up passing through the crank journals and oil galleries resulting in bearing damage and oil deprivation -

Not what you want to hear about your car...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts