Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week i took the car in for rego check, and the mechanic had to replace a tappet cover gasket (and cleaned up the engine since there was oil everywhere)

Now when i went to pick it up, they said it would take a few minutes because they had to make sure they got all the water out? (it was 'missing')

I stood there and watched the guy mess with the spark plugs and saw it graduly get better and better, when i drove it home that day it was great.

that was last thursday, now in 1st or 2nd gear, before i get to about 50KM/h (but its fine after that) the car basically sits there and sounds like its going to stall, constantly sputtering and whatnot.

Is this something that will sort itself out or should I give them a call tomorrow (Ive only waited this long because friends have said it should eventually work its way out)

Edit: Car is a '97 Excel :)

[Edited by bobbles on Nov 1, 2005 2:13 AM]

·
Registered
453 Posts
what they did is stam clean an enging with oil leakage, get an oil change and see if it gets better, if not, bring it back to them and tell them they hurt your car and if they dont fix it I'll come and hurt them... that's wrong

this happened to me when I had an 86 accord, it eventually went away on it's own, it was only later I discovered the steam cleaning caused problems since the engine was so poorly sealed(leaking)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts