Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 01 elantra gls. the check engine light came on and now the engine shakes, when in park, neutral, and drive. not a brake problem. any easy checks or fixes. i am not very mechanical or do i just need to take it to a repair shop.
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
system check

went to autozone and they said it got a loose gas cap hit and a number 3 cylinder missfire. i went ahead and replaced the plugs wich helped but still has a shudder/shake on accelleration.

·
Registered
492 Posts
get the coil packs tested and make sure the spark plug wires are in good condition

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

thanks for the input. it seemed like its not going to be something i can fix so i took it into the repair facility today. hope it wont be nuthin to major.

·
Registered
67 Posts
There's a good chance it's a bad spark plug wire on cylinder 3. If you can change the spark plugs you can change the spark plug wires. But if you are unsure you might as well get a shop to check it out for you.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wires

i thought about that but autozone wanted $40 for them. and if it ends up being a coil or a fuel filter or something like that taking the care in now might just be the smartest thing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks again

plug wires was bad. hes gonna replace them. and fuel filter and pvc valve for $325. i know im gettin gigged.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
plug wires was bad. hes gonna replace them. and fuel filter and pvc valve for $325. i know im gettin gigged.

dont ever take it to that shop again.

PVC is 5 bucks and takes 3 mins to install
Filter is 30 bucks and takes about 20 mins to install..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts