Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just got my car back from service. It says there that my oil pressure switch is leaking and needs replacement. What does that mean? In addition to that, since I picked the car up from the service center, the car has been sputtering. I will move for 10 meters then the engine sputters then i'll move for another 10m and it'll sputter again. What's going on?

·
Registered
147 Posts
??? never heard of a oil pressure switch but idk.... sounds more like a fuel pump problem u should take it to a good trust worthy mechanic and have him check it over.....try to find on e like if he doesnt fix it no charge, the mechanic i go to will check over ur whole car even if it takes 2 hours and if he doesnt do anything no charge..... he even says to go to other places that are better in a field then him or if he aint got time...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yea I got it checked out. The sputtering was due to spark plugs wearing down. Need replacement. As for the oil pressure switch, don't really know what they do but they're going to get that replaced as well

My mechanic charges for everything. Went to him once to get my door checked out (central locking problem), he charged me AU$50 just for making a booking and looking at the door. That's why this is the last time I'm sending the car in to that place.

Good mechanics are hard to find. You're lucky

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I got the mechanic to replace the spark plugs. He replaced my old plugs with plugs that are meant for a 2.5L Kia?!!? Is that a suitable plug for my 1.5L accent ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts