Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I do own a 1999 Tiburon, but the engine studder isn't related to it as it's stored for the winter. It's about a 1989 Civic DX (my winter beater :)). When it is at an idle, she runs like a dream. No knocking, no studder. As soon as I give it a bit of gas, it starts to studder. If I just hold down the peddle, it revs up and cuts in and out like it's hitting the rev limiter. My dads taken excellent care of this car, and it's run like a dream for the last year and a half and has been driven every day. I noticed it started to do this right when I came out of a turn (wasn't going fast, but I guess I wans't going slow either). It started to studder slightly, then went away. About 5 minutes later, I turned down another street after I did multiple turns and it got worse and has stayed the same. After work I drove the car home (about 7km's) super slow so it wouldn't studder too much. I hope you guys can help. I have a feeling it's the fuel filter but I could be wrong. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
686 Posts
bad fuel or maybe you have a sensor problem maf, tps, or one of the o2 sensors, any check engine lights?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts