Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.6 DOHC Engine in my accent currently and I wanted to know if I can swap it out and put the V6 Tiburon engine it?

Is it possible or am I crazy? Will it fit?

Also will the Transmission fit to?

Thanks for your reply's

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
It can be done, with enough money or time. A few koreans have done it. Hell I saw pics of a 3.5 in an accent (Purple X3, can't find the pics now). How much of the work can you do yourself. IMO its alot better investment to intall the 2.0. Hell you can run it on the stock ecm if you suck at wiring or dont want to take the time to swap the harness. Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I probably wont be doing any of the work. So basically I would need the computer and trany as well I am assuming? Also Is the v6 rear or front?

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Going to need the ecm, wiring harness, custom mounts, custom/modified axles, engine, transmission, (if its the 6spd the shifter assembly), better fuel pump, and from the pics I saw of the guy doing this swap going to need to relocate the radiator (atleast push it foward of it's stock location)

All US hyundai's until they release the upcoming tib are fwd.

If you pay someone to do all of this work, hope you have friends or alot of cash to throw at it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess not really worth it for me then
I might as well go buy a ferrari :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 1.6 DOHC Engine in my accent currently and I wanted to know if I can swap it out and put the V6 Tiburon engine it?

Is it possible or am I crazy? Will it fit?

Also will the Transmission fit to?

Thanks for your reply's
if you are still wanting to swap out your DOHC 1.6, ill take that off your hands!
=]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts