Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I'm planning on turboing my 05 accent now...but I'm wondering what the best way to go is? the beta 4cyl tib motor 2.0L or keep the 1.6. and can you buy a 2.0 with forged internals? does any body have any links they could post of 1.6 turbo kits or websites that sell the 4cyl beta tib motor

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
well guys, this is my last post in the accent section....

for turbo facts. swap the beta into it first as the alpha does not have any internals made for it yet. a few people here are running on stock internals but with very costly setups. swap in the beta and then go turbo.

as for kits, sharkracing makes one, but i wouldnt trust them at all. psc makes one, but its internal wastegated and would have to be imported. essentialspeed i'm assuming has gone out of business. the best way to go turbo with the 1.6 is custom piece it together...

Good Luck with your happy days during accent tuning

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where can you buy a 2.0L beta FROM? I cant find any one that sells it?

·
Registered
313 Posts
find a totalled elantra or tib at a junk yard, without front end damage of course, and take all that you need from there. theres also a few vendors online that have them, but shipping will be insane... theres also ebay, but theres shipping costs again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts