Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering because I plan on maybe changing the engine and tranny of my 1999 mode Elantra next year, how does the Mitsubishi 4g63 compare to the Nissan SR20. These two seem to be the most popular swaps in the Elantra for those who want some more power. :smoking:
When I say compare I'm speaking in terms of install, aftermarket mods up to turbo, price, availibility, and of course... power

·
Registered
32 Posts
sr20? Really? I'm interested in finding out about that. Never heard about those. I'm interested because my friend is rebuilding an SR20 right now. Would it work with the '05 models?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
ugh why would you say the sr20 and mitsu are popular with elantras?

the 4g63t would almost slide right in to the j1 elantras 95 and earlier

ive seen 1 sr20 done and it costed alot

the beta engine is dam near bulletproof if prepped right
either engine would cost you about 4 grand to put in now imagine you research and build a turbo kit you should be able to have alot more hp on your motor than if you just put in a sr20

the 4g has the transmission on the other side so the entire engine bay would need to be modified to get that to work

to get either to work you would need
engine
transmission
ecu
harness
custom axles
custom exhaust
and all kinds of other stuff then only come to find out that your car will not pass emissions now cuz you cant put a older engine into your car :dead:

·
Registered
32 Posts
damn... That sucks. That's the first thing I've learned in 2006. haha!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts