Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea if there is a chance of being able to swap in a 4 cylinder genesis engine into a 01 Elantras engine bay?

Just wondering cause wasnt down for swapping the 2.7L tiburon engine in so was wondering about the genesis when it comes out

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Doubtful since the mounts will be in the wrong place. Genesis = RWD, Elantra = FWD.

Much easier to turbo your Beta motor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah true that slipped my mind >.<

Would you happen to know where to find a affordable AND reliable turbo kit?

I know many people know about some guy who makes the CNK Turbo kit...but also bad things heard about it and dont feel like spending 3k on it.

Kinda just looking for a starter kit and build up on it if i want.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
The Genesis Coupe 2.0l should bolt to the Sonata 2.4l tranny and the Genesis Coupe 3.8l should bolt to either the Azera or Sonata 3.8l or 3.3l trannies. It'll be a pain to mount though and you'll have to run a standalone that'll control CVVT.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
yeah true that slipped my mind >.<

Would you happen to know where to find a affordable AND reliable turbo kit?

I know many people know about some guy who makes the CNK Turbo kit...but also bad things heard about it and dont feel like spending 3k on it.

Kinda just looking for a starter kit and build up on it if i want.
I wouldn't touch CNK with a 10 foot pole.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well...That kicks him out of my choice of turbo's :p

I was looking at Alpine Developments, but just not sure if i want to buy one for 2600...or just part one together for way cheaper.

Problem is i dont know "every" single piece i need for a full set, but im sure my buddies do.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Well...That kicks him out of my choice of turbo's :p

I was looking at Alpine Developments, but just not sure if i want to buy one for 2600...or just part one together for way cheaper.

Problem is i dont know "every" single piece i need for a full set, but im sure my buddies do.
Well, Alpine's out of business. Have been for a while.

·
Registered
435 Posts
alright man, dont buy a kit.... too expensive, save some time and money and piece it together yourself....visit our world renown forced induction forum
start by browsing such sites as...

Turbo 101 - Line It Up .org
homemadeturbo.com

and most of all, use the damn search feature...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Wait, whats wrong with the Delta 2.7? In the Tiburon it was a waste and a pile of crap. In a smaller less weight car it should be a decent swap.

1 Posts
The Genesis Coupe 2.0l should bolt to the Sonata 2.4l tranny and the Genesis Coupe 3.8l should bolt to either the Azera or Sonata 3.8l or 3.3l trannies. It'll be a pain to mount though and you'll have to run a standalone that'll control CVVT.
I would like to know if this is true about the genesis 3.8 fits a azera 3.3.3L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts