Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any good engie tuning ideas for me to get more horse power out of my car, and also to dress up the engine

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hyundai accent

·
Registered
182 Posts
We need year, model, enigine, and trans if you really want some help.
A good start is always I/H/E.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2002 hyundai accent 4 door 5 speed 4 cyl, dohc engine and the colors are silver and metalic blue.

eric

[Edited by TomB on Oct 10, 2005 2:37 PM]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Like I said Intake/ Header/ Exhaust is always a good start.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
from experience, i will probably never be sinking money into a N/A hyundai again. i had the exact same car with I/H/E, stage 3 clutch and a crapload of suspension mods. it handled like a dream but was still slow as hell. my 1.5 SOHC scoupe turbo with only 7.5:1 compression could outrun it at 9 psi.

forced induction is more economical in the longrun. for only about $1000 you can make a custom kit and come out well ahead of spending $1000 in N/A mods.

just my $0.02

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my car is a dohc no a sohc so mine isnt slow. well thanks though yea she handles like a dream my 2000 accent i rolled lol doing 85 day before chrismas eve. it was fun. i didnt have a problem handling the losing control i had a problem with running into a 1987 chevy truck so i said **** that. ill go for the ditch.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/pyschosmiles/carcrashnumber1.jpg

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Yeah looks like fun :dead: I would prolly not invest money in a n/a either. Even when I was n/a with underdrive crank pulley, bigger tb, injectors, maf, clutch etc etc it was still slow.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts