Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a buddy of mine and i were talking about which engines could fit in my tibby. i know its a random topic but which engines can actually be fitted in?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
With enough money almost anything could be fit in there.

From the factory you have the 1.8l and 2.0l Beta I engines. Newer 2.0l Beta II engines can fit and with a little work run off of your sensors but there's no gain with that swap.

The 2.7l V6 from the 2003+ Tiburon can be swapped in. Some people have swapped in the 4G63T or other Japanese engines but that's far from a direct fit or easy swap. There's a twin engined AWD Tiburon with 2 turbocharged 2.0l engines one over each axle...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the easiest and best gain engine would be the 2.7l from the newer models? how many horses do does have stock i know mine the 2.0l beta is about 140 stock what are the 2.7l like?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It's rated at 172hp.

The swap is not really worth it IMO because it's cheaper and easier to turbo your car and you'll have 200+hp easily.

·
Registered
77 Posts
beta2 engine offers lower miles and also mechanical lifters and alum. oil pan. there are lots of upgrades about it. performance wise the power comes on diffrently in beta2 then beta1

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go Turbo...

It's rated at 172hp.

The swap is not really worth it IMO because it's cheaper and easier to turbo your car and you'll have 200+hp easily.
I say go turbo... I have a 01 Tiburon with the 2.0 Beta and my brother has a 07 GT Tiburon auto with I/H/E and a larger throttle body and I spank him all the time... in my opinion I prefer the sleeper look. But if you go turbo SHOP AROUND!!!!! I kind of did and i'm regreting it a little... and when buying parts i'm going to tell you know you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR... thats all im going to say... later and GL with your project

1 - 6 of 6 Posts