Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ppl, here we go: Give me some hp-torque estimates with the following setup. I currently have:

2.0 Beta engine
Wiseco low comp. pistons 83mm (overbore)
Pauter con-rods
Gt28R nissan silvia turbo (capable of 300+hp as it says)
OBX turbo manifold
AEM FIC
440cc injectors

I'm going to install these soon and I don't know how much psi to run with all these stuff, what shoul I expect etc etc. Please advice
;)

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I didn't see an IC in your list. It would also help get better estimates if you told us what compression ratio the new pistons are.

Without an IC, keep it under 5psi.;)

So a CR of 4/5 stock, running at 5 psi on a 2.0 might get around 150-160whp.:eek::D sorry, just had to say it.:p

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh forgot to mention the intercooler. The wisecos are 9:0 compression. Can this setup support 20psi without any problems?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I wouldn't recommend 20 lbs...

Even with an intercooler, you'll have to install an extra oil cooler. 440 injectors wouldn't handle 20 psi either when it comes to fuel either. Prolly 550's would do you a little better if you're just looking for boost goals.

Howie~

·
Registered
63 Posts
based on the same engine, turbo, pistons, injectors, and IC, i'd say 250whp/torque at 11psi. i think 15 psi is about the limit with that package, and thats assuming proper engine management (standalone?).

the cars have such a short wheelbase, they're a bit scary even at 11 psi/250whp/low 13 second 1/4 mile

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not only looking for hp goals but for reliability, that's what I'm building the motor. So you say that the pauter/wiseco combo won't be able to hold 20psi??

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've seen 300hp from this turbo to sr20's and some other engines I wouldn't go over this number anyway..

·
Registered
845 Posts
From what Ive read, it wouldn't make sense to build a motor for under 300whp. Why run low compression? If your using that turbo it should be a solid street setup like say 12 psi and 240-250whp. The wisco/pauter combo should hold over 30psi.

If you build a motor you should put it to good use and make at least 320whp!

·
Registered
63 Posts
i meant the package was limited by the size of the turbo, not the pistons or rods. this site suggests a limit of about 280 hp with that turbo, see page 18 of 48

http://www.limitengineering.com/catalog.pdf

over on rdtiburon, everyone says the stock rods are pretty strong, so the pauter rods might be redundant at 250-300 whp if the car's well tuned. (that being said, i just installed some pauter rods too.) a lot of people also say the pauter rods are very thick, and the engine block has to be notched so the rods don't hit the block. but a good engine builder checks this clearance all the time anyway.

personally i prefer low quarter mile times to high horsepower dyno charts. impressive horsepower is one thing, but getting it planted at the dragstrip is something else (clutch, tires, axles.....)

edit: if you want reliability, and you go to the dragstrip on occasion (hard launch) , i suggest you check this thread about converting from a pull to push clutch:
Push Clutch Convertion - RDTiburon.com=

my engine was disassembled recently cause i threw a (stock) rod. my mistake, bad tuning. when the engine was disassembled, it turns out the throw-out bearing was disintegrating and in pieces. i dont understand why pull clutches are hard on the throw-out bearing, especially since the WRX uses a pull clutch. but the throw out bearing was demolished. and the car doesn't go to the dragstrip very often.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How much boost can I run with stock internals and the setup I already told you about? stock internals, stock compression?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Guys have run up to 17+psi on stock engines. The highest I would go with on a regular basis is 14psi (with good tuning of course). But 10-12 would still be awesome!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My problem is that I don't know how many miles this engine had before I swapped it to my LC and that scares me a little. The oil consumption is minimum if not none and my waters are ok. Do you think I should go for it 10-12 psi , then raise the labor money and take it for wiseco-pauter installation of I should leave it alone and do it once and for all?

·
Registered
232 Posts
shoot why not try the 10-12 psi I bet with a good tune you could probably run 14-15 psi on stock bottom end as far as the rods I agree they should be able to hold 30+ psi I dont see any point of putting that combo in for less than 20psi and I mean 20psi very reliable. the turbo is the only thing holding that setup back id shoot for a GT30 or 35. for the turbo you are using ya id say 550 cc injectors and 255lph fuel pump

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Another question is tunning...Your gonna be driving this daily right? Do you want to be running super rich while cruising? Your gonna want to make sure you get EVERYTHING taken care of. Make sure you have all you'll need, and a good stand alone would be best. Hell see if you can get a 2.0 ecu reflash from Kspec or kdmstuff.com I know their ecu reflashes dont work for the US spec but maybe they will for yours.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car isn't my daily driver anymore..
I'm going to use the AEM FIC which is the best thing for our ecus. Also, I have an american ecu 1.6 with 2.0 reflash so I don't need the kspec or sfr reflashes. If aem fic doesn't work for me, then I'll make a reflash locally as many dynos do it. As for injectors, I already have 440cc's and don't need anymore as I won't exceed 300hp with this setup. As for the wiseco/pauter, maybe I'm going to use them after the stock internals can't take it anymore...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I swear thats such BS that nobody out here in the US can reflash a damn Hyundai ecu...heh heh..

·
Registered
845 Posts
The car isn't my daily driver anymore..
I'm going to use the AEM FIC which is the best thing for our ecus. Also, I have an american ecu 1.6 with 2.0 reflash so I don't need the kspec or sfr reflashes. If aem fic doesn't work for me, then I'll make a reflash locally as many dynos do it. As for injectors, I already have 440cc's and don't need anymore as I won't exceed 300hp with this setup. As for the wiseco/pauter, maybe I'm going to use them after the stock internals can't take it anymore...
If I was going turbo again, I would try the AEM fic.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm almost done now... decomp. plate arrived, every single thing is in my garage... FIC is on it's way and I'm ready to go. I'd say 10psi for this setup.What do you think?

·
Registered
137 Posts
i think you should get yourself a Megasquirt. I can tell you all about installation and a bit about tuning too.
the cheapest and GOOD standalone.
let me know

1 - 20 of 24 Posts