Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
they do have good service as I've purchased a few item's from them..although shipping time's can be a bit lengthy.

Bradley is the guy running the north american operations of evofusion..

I Like them because they're a domestically located..

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I've had pretty good luck, sometimes a little communication trouble but nothing major.

On a side note the header is a bit of a PITA to install so plan accordingly. I did a DIY on it. I just did a dyno run with the header, custom catback, and SRI and got 99hp 109lb/ft at the wheels.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
GregsterGSi said:
all headers are a pain to install. Nothing to worry about though since I am going to gather everything that i need
I mean that it cannot be bolted to the stock exhaust. It will be useless without doing a catback because the downpipe is huge, but if you don't it'll need to be reduced a lot to match stock piping. The rest of the install was just standard header installation.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Then you should be good. There will be no cat, and the shop here wasn't cool with that (highly illegal here) so I had to get a high flow one installed. That'll depend on your laws and your shop's willingness though. Here you lose your business license if you do a single catless system on a street legal car so very few places do it.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I have not gotten a CEL ever from the header. I am a little concerned that the precat O2 sensor is in only one primary, but it hasn't been a problem for me. Just concerned about the accuracy of the fueling corrections based on only one cylinder.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
it's referred to as Check engine light..

it's usually on when one or more of the many engine's sensor's inside the engine which monitor and regulate vehicle performance read's a error or and abnormalitie,

that error is reported to the ecu and the ecu analyzes it and pop's up a check engine light

And the way we diagnose problem with CEL's is by using a ODB-II Code reader which communicates with the ECU so it can find the Problem..

·
Registered
20 Posts
cool thanks that makes a lot more sense now ... i was looking into evofusion's headers and exhaust before my accent was wrecked but i just purchased another one and am most likely going in that direction but i heard that some cars have 2 O2 sensors and another hole is necessary, do the LC accents have 2?, and does anyone know where i can get a hi flow racing cat other than sfr racing, no offense to sfr just wondering if there are any other options

·
Registered
589 Posts
i have a cel, but i didn't put in the second O2 sensor. just got a plug for it. the first sensor is really hard to get out. i had to get a new one from hyundai regina because it stripped on the way out. no one else in town had one so it cost me $200! you might want to find a cheaper one before you are ready to install the new header.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I got the SRI from Evo and it was on my doorstep in 9 days including crossing the border. I will order form them again, once I buy my next Accent!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Our header downpipe doesnt bolt up to the stock exhaust? Really? No one had said that before, and the customer that did the prototype for us said that he made it to bolt up to the stock exhaust. I dont remember who it was....

What did you have to do to bolt it to the stock exhaust?

·
Registered
653 Posts
website works for me. I dont think its been determined if the new 07 accent has the same head as the 00-06 one. would be great if the header and catback lined up, but i doubt it does. If it doesnt, and the demand is there, we would go ahead and make a brand new one for the 07 though too, just like we did for the 00-06.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts