Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was really thinking about getting the evofusion catback for the 05 accent i was just wondering if there was anything i should know/worry/be aware about it before i get it like shipping or fit or any modding i have to do???? any or all info will help:)

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
ask 187. lol.
but i got a custom cat-back, and it was a shitload cheaper. i paid 180. i think that may be cheaper....

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
It won't bolt up to your stock piping so you'll have to get the pipes welded together. If you want the catback I STRONGLY suggest you buy the header and catback as a set because then they should bolt up alright.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
03-Accent-03 said:
Mine fit fine to the stock flex pipe.
Wow, the catback did? Then there's no way in hell it will bolt to the header's downpipe. Plus there should be a couple feet of extra pipe left over if you buy them as a set...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont you have to buy a new sensor for the header to work???

·
Registered
278 Posts
Mine fit to stock flexpipe too. no problem there.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
NyteTyme said:
Mine fit to stock flexpipe too. no problem there.
Ok...then it sounds like it would be unwise to buy them as a set...The header downpipe was nowhere near able to bolt to the stock piping. It was at least double the diameter of the stock pipe.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hmmmmm I thought EvoFusion header came with flexpipe so if you get header and cat back together, you got everything to bolt it on. Only thing I heard about it is that header doesn't have 2nd oxygen sensor so one would have to weld bung for 2nd oxygen sensor. Because of this, I assume it's ok to get cat back only to bolt it on to stock flexpipe and also get header only to bolt it on to stock cat back. Of course you can alway get both together. Don't know about HP increase but mine sounds very nice with ITG filter and catback only.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
187sks said:
Ok...then it sounds like it would be unwise to buy them as a set...The header downpipe was nowhere near able to bolt to the stock piping. It was at least double the diameter of the stock pipe.
Is the front flange for your catback welded solid? Mine can turn 360degrees.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
First I want to note that my header had holes for both oxygen sensors. See pictures below.

About the catback front flange, I don't have the EF catback. Just the header. If you mean the stock pipe then yes, the flange is welded solid. This wasn't the problem though. The fact that the bolts were something like a full inch too far apart on the new flange vs. the factory flange made it so they did not bolt up. They lined up perfectly and were at the right angle to meet if they were the same size.

Here you see the size of the flange at the rear of the EF midpipe. Note the size even in comparison to the very large piping. This is an enormous flange. I went to 3 exhaust shops and they didn't have anything that would bolt to it for pipe smaller than 3-1/2":

And it's not a great picture but you can see how tiny the stock piece it replaces was here:

And in this picture I have the new midpipe bolted to the stock catback section with one bolt since they wouldn't both line up. Note that the size difference allows you to see into the midpipe around the stock flange. The stock gasket is just hanging there by the one bolt:

·
Registered
68 Posts
cujo8me2 said:
i was really thinking about getting the evofusion catback for the 05 accent i was just wondering if there was anything i should know/worry/be aware about it before i get it like shipping or fit or any modding i have to do???? any or all info will help:)
I bought the evofusion header and cat-back as a set and I had a shop install them. The only problem they said they had was that the cat-back piping needed to be bent and moddified a little bit in order for it to fit right, so you may want a shop to install it. Also, if you don't like a loud exhaust, you may want to get a resonator too. But my opinion, like others have mentioned, may want to get the cat-back and header as a set, only makes sense anyways.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another question will this mess up my emissions in anyway???

·
Registered
68 Posts
cujo8me2 said:
another question will this mess up my emissions in anyway???
I wouldn't think so, as long as you get a highflow cat. I live in FL too, but never actually read the laws on emissions standards. But the bad thing about getting the header with the cat-back is the O2 sensor problem. Mine didn't come with an O2 sensor bung on the header so I only have one O2 sensor installed on the flex pipe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.