Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my evo-fusion strut bar camr today and i prcedded to install it and what do i get?

1:the product look's completely different from the bar's shown on evo-fusion's website
it doens't have the evofusion etching on the center and it has bracket's holes for only 2 bolt's insteads of 3.

2:the thing doens't fit..it's too short, almost by an inch and a half..
i thought their product's actually fit the cars..so what gives??

has any1 else had fitment issue's with the front strut bar for the 1.6 or am i missing something here?

[Edited by TAK82 on Feb 7, 2006 4:07 PM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I'd call them. Probably sent you the wrong bar since they have Kia and all those others. Try to get them to pay you back for having you ship it back to them if that is the case. But thats what what is sounds like to me. Maybe someone has a different idea.

Plus I remember e-mailing them and they said they get their strut bars from a diff. company now and not the ones in the pictures.. I dunno. They dont tend to update their pictures for a loooong time. *shrugs*

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 7, 2006 8:57 AM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't want my money back..i want a strut bar..and one tha fit's.

all i know is that a little sticker on the strut bar said "accent" in korean,
it could've been the X3 bar since he 2001 and 2000 accent's can be confused.
sometime's i question evo-fusion's funcionality.
i waited almost month for this?

and bending the bar is out of the question..if i did that, i'd hit the intake manifold.:mad:

yeah, my strut bar say's "motors line" ............WTF??:mad::mad:

[Edited by TAK82 on Feb 7, 2006 9:12 AM]

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Did you try calling them and/or emailing them a picture of the bar you recieved not fitting? Also, is it an adjustable bar where you can screw out the ends to make it fit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same reaction when I got my Evo Fusion strut bar for my 02 Elantra ... no logo and and not the same as in the pictures. I think they use the same pictures for every applications.

When I first installed it, it didn't fit all that well I had to force the bolts in and then it wasn't sitting right in the engine compartment. Simply turning it and installing it the other way fixed the problem for me. If it's too short then they probably sent you the wrong one. did you get it off of www.teamsr.org website?? cause nothing I bought from them looked the same as in the pictures. Hopefully www.sharkracing.com will have better service ....

·
Registered
12 Posts
oops maybe i should stick to the forums concerning my own tyoe of car ... sorry ... i just noticed that this is under accent/excel/s-coupe :paranoid:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
You may have it reversed. Flip the brackets around. I did that with mine when I got it at first.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
tak, i had the same problem, mess with the brackets, trust me they fit, and i was confused at first with the strut bar, because it wasn't as pictured, but i was more than happy with it, wait until you feel the handling difference, plus i waited maybe a bit longer than you, almost 4 weeks or so, but im sure you will be happy once you figure it out, have fun and don't corner too hard lol

·
Registered
653 Posts
tak82, why do you always try to badmouth us on this board? Before with the emailing issues that turned out to be your email server's fault, and now you say:

[body]sometime's i question evo-fusion's funcionality.
i waited almost month for this?[/body]
Why would you say that? Do you have a history of us "not functioning" with you...as before the email problem was on your side not ours, and you say you waited a month as if thats how long it took us to send it to you when you know that the delay was because our messages were being rejected by your email server. And you emailed us about this problem this morning it looks like, and you got an email reply on it within like a couple of hours, even before we opened up.

Were always trying to help you out even with your email problems but you then go and question our functionality, and give the idea to people that the shipping took 4 weeks for your strut bar. :dead:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I ordered my strut bar from EF and i had it the same week so TAK chill out bro.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by yamaneko
[body]
tak82, why do you always try to badmouth us on this board? Before with the emailing issues that turned out to be your email server's fault, and now you say:

[body]sometime's i question evo-fusion's funcionality.
i waited almost month for this?[/body]
Why would you say that? Do you have a history of us "not functioning" with you...as before the email problem was on your side not ours, and you say you waited a month as if thats how long it took us to send it to you when you know that the delay was because our messages were being rejected by your email server. And you emailed us about this problem this morning it looks like, and you got an email reply on it within like a couple of hours, even before we opened up.

Were always trying to help you out even with your email problems but you then go and question our functionality, and give the idea to people that the shipping took 4 weeks for your strut bar. :dead:
[/body]
I'm sorry Yamaneko.....about my spiting and mistakes.

it's just that i was excited and anxious to install the bar on my car only to fnd out it didn't ands that's when my ego just went beserk..i know i can be a whiny baby sometimes.

i'll try to control my emotions and i'm sorry about the negative Spite
you guys are a good company and i like EF alot, it's just that impatience add's more to my ego.

anyways..i post pics of the result.

I promise to not spite you anymore and if do, then..you can blockme.

[Edited by TAK82 on Feb 7, 2006 1:11 PM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by 03-Accent-03
[body]
You may have it reversed. Flip the brackets around. I did that with mine when I got it at first.
[/body]
i tried that and no luck, still a 1 inch gap
i tried muscle, no luck
bending ? no

·
Registered
653 Posts
Please send pictures as we said in the email so that we can see exactly what might be wrong with it, especially of the korean writing if it has any on there. We didnt send that one at our USA office so we have no idea what you got until we see those pictures.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are the Pic's

added this image to see if it ring's any bells.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
HA HA HA HA you did the same thing I did, TAK flip the brackets the place where the bar bolts to the brackets should be closest to the firewall. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i don't understand...my installation is correct no??

·
Registered
228 Posts
just take the 2 black pieces and swap them around. It should fit that way.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here's the pic bradley needs

I'm thInking this is the one for the X3 accent..AM I RIGHT?

[Edited by TAK82 on Feb 7, 2006 4:33 PM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think the problem has been solved..this strut bar is for the x3 accent..so halt the flip the bracket comments, i tried all way's and it's still a 1 inch gap.

thanks for the tips though.

bradley said the strut bar should say "Verna" in korean, mine say's "accent"

[Edited by TAK82 on Feb 7, 2006 4:43 PM]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts