Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah I ordered the strut brace from evofusion and it does not fit, its actually for a Tuscani and they said that it should fit the new Accents however it LOOKS like it would fit but when actually attempting to match up the bolts it just doesn't work and the circular bracket itself is too big.

My question is if anyone else has ordered one and it fit and for some reason I cant fit the circles through the circle holes for some wierd reason. *though I have installed strut braces before on my old neon and it was pretty much a you-cant-screw-this-up-its-too-easy install*

I am sure they will take care of the problem, I am just curious if anyone else has had the issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing eh? Well thats awesome, since thats what I am getting from EvoFusion too.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I don't think anyone has bought any bars for the MC yet. I'd try their AIM address, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. Let me know if you need any help getting any of that info.

Good luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
did it come pre built meaning the bar was attached to the rings? if so have you actually tried to take the rings off the bar and fit them first and then place the bar between them and hopefully it should fit. When i got my strut brace from PSC for my 2001 accent i just fitted it but then later found out that it was actually hitting the top of my intake so once taken apart and put all back together the correct way round it fitted. if not keep trying them as they do take a long time to reply i mean its taken them 7 months for them to get me my replacement carbon bonnet sorted after the first turned up damaged.

keep at it and hopefully you will get it sorted mate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yes, it was actually prebuilt but the bolt pattern on the bracket is slightly too small where it looks like it could fit, then the ring itself its too big so like 3 of 4 would only be able to bolt up even if they were the right distance appart but then there would still be the issue of the ring being too big an arc for the 4th bolt to go through. Also if you place one bolt through one bracket, you have like an inch too much of length to get the other bracket to mount up *again assuming that all of the bolts matched up properly*

So yeah its pretty much all wrong, I am just hopeing EF pulls through. I hate to see good ideas end up falling short. Like a company that specializes in Korean imports. *sigh* I hate the american auto market.

plus I deploy to Afghanistan in the fall.... 7 months really isn't a luxury I have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update :

Nothing

Havent heard a word via email, phone, or messenger. My contempt for humanity continues to broaden. Oh, and better business bureau gives them an F apparantly. I knew better than to order from them because of ALL of the negative threads I have read but no, I have to give people an honest chance.

·
Registered
159 Posts
make it fit man, re drill the holes, or buy a new a new one and sell the old one. its your two options as of right now. i say redrill it to make it fit if only the bolt holes dont match up but its wide enough.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts